66 Headlight questions...

How big is the stock mustang headlight for a 1966 mustang? I dont have mine handy over here and have found some lights i would really like. They are the LED headlights that are on the HMMWVs and MRAPS over here in Iraq... very expensive but bright enough to light the world in a sand storm...

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know about LED headlgihts, but the ones I have seen are ugly as hell. From my experience with LED, I don't see how they can work that well.

They are the LED headlights that are on the HMMWVs and MRAPS over here in Iraq... very expensive but bright enough to light the world in a sand storm...

Looks like firemansam has seen them in action and approves.

Depending on how much your mustang is worth to you $600 isn't out of the question when it comes to seeing at night. I have halogens with relays but they aren't as bright as I would like them.

I think he wants to retrofit the military grade ones. They may work really well. I know the ones that I linked to don't work that great.

Since you already have relays, try a pair of Sylvania Xtravision 6024XV bulbs. Thats why I have and they work really good. They are 55/65 watt like the newer capsule bulbs. The regular repalcement halogens are only like 35 watt low beam.

I re-read Mustang Project's description of their LED headlights, they do say the headlights they sell are made by the same manufacturer as the military LED lights but the military uses 24 volt and the mustang application is 12. I don't know how this compares to quality of light but I would think since it is the same manufacturer then you should be able to expect the same quality.

Has anyone seen the 12 volt versions in use?

I re-read Mustang Project's description of their LED headlights, they do say the headlights they sell are made by the same manufacturer as the military LED lights but the military uses 24 volt and the mustang application is 12. I don't know how this compares to quality of light but I would think since it is the same manufacturer then you should be able to expect the same quality.

Has anyone seen the 12 volt versions in use?

i have not seen the 12V in use but the only difference between the 12V and the 24V military ones that i have found is that the military ones have 12 LEDs and the others are only 10 but still i think they will do good enough since they are made by the same company... I have a friend who i looking to put the 12V on his Jeep...