'66 Mustang Convertible Boot Question

STiJames

Jun 5, 2012
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and in all honesty, don't own a Mustang. However, I have a question that only you experts can answer. Our family used to own a '66 red Mustang convertible which was sold many years back. In cleaning out our basement we happened upon the original boot for the top in its original sleeve. We're trying to figure out what this may be worth, but have had no luck so far. I would think it has some value to someone looking to restore their car to original without having to buy some new vinyl boot. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Is it in a box with some type of Ford Motor company logo?,if so it may have some value. If not,then it's a reproduction that would be somewhat shrunk by the passage of time making it not worth much since there are excellent reproduction's on the market and fit well to boot! (pun intented ) Doc

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and in all honesty, don't own a Mustang. However, I have a question that only you experts can answer. Our family used to own a '66 red Mustang convertible which was sold many years back. In cleaning out our basement we happened upon the original boot for the top in its original sleeve. We're trying to figure out what this may be worth, but have had no luck so far. I would think it has some value to someone looking to restore their car to original without having to buy some new vinyl boot. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Hi,
You might poke around a few other Mustang specific sites and pose the question in their Concours forum. Even if it has shrunk (as mentioned) but having it's OEM sleeve, can be a display-only accessory in a concours car.
Have you considered Ebay?