66 Mustang lower control arm bushings

Fredo

Nov 10, 2003
Byers,Co
I am replacing the lower control arm bushings and the old ones are offset. Shouldn't they be centered in the control arm? Also I am replacing them with the poly. bushings and the instructions says to leave the outer sleeve in and remove only the rubber & center sleeve. Does anyone know how I can remove the center sleeve and rubber out of the outer sleeve without damaging it? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I think due to a lack of responses a few more details would be helpful. But I will try to figure this out. Are you refering to the bushing on the control arm where it mounts to the frame? If you are maybe a press would work? Maybe you will have to jury rig it using a long bolt and washer the same size as the bushing and on the other side use an over size socket to slowly draw it through and out. You may have to go to a tool rental store and tell them your application and they will have a puller that will work. This sounds like a very similar job to pulling a pilot bearing and there are special pullers for this type of application. You may be able to also rig up something using a slide hammer and a vice to get it out. Just a few thoughts. Hope this helps.