67 Coupe FINISHED! (Well close enough)

boatillo

Jun 10, 2006
Took me a little over 3 years from start to finish. Start was a badly rusted (battery apron, all floorpans, rear quarters and wheel lips, torque box, fresh air intakes, more) side swiped and bondo'd, 60-80 overbored 289 that had just caught fire melting everything in the engine bay, with 3 layers of paint and underseal on everything!

Friend and I put in a fresh 351W, brother-in-law and I cut out all the rust to put in new metal, I stripped the entire car with an angle grinder and pads (careful!), did all the new bodywork, and got a decent $3000 paintjob at a local place. I just finished putting in the interior myself! Most of that is repro except for the dash, instruments and radio (I liked the original). The magnums I got off ebay, they had been sitting outside for years and years so I had to strip the rust and refurb them too! I'm pretty happy :)

mustangside.jpg

mustangfront.jpg

mustangint.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

3 years of blood, sweat and tears... well, it looks like all the time and effort has paid off. Now it's time to enjoy driving it! Congrats!!!

I'm just into my first 6 months of work on my 67 restoration, and I sure hope it doesn't take 3 years! But things always seem to cost more and take twice as much time as originally planned.