67 door replacement

robbz28

Sep 23, 2009
Epps, LA
I just got back from a visit with my body man, my car had a small rust bubble in the front of the passenger door, come to find out the whole bottom of the door was really really rusty. Once I told my body guy I could get an entire door shell for 300 bucks he said "Get it!" I intend to put this on myself and if ANYONE can help me, point me in the right direction, show me a "how to", something. I would appreciate it. I know I need to replace my window regulator, weatherstrip, and anything else bolted to the door, then I need to get it properly aligned. Any posts on either or all of these subjects would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I just got back from a visit with my body man, my car had a small rust bubble in the front of the passenger door, come to find out the whole bottom of the door was really really rusty. Once I told my body guy I could get an entire door shell for 300 bucks he said "Get it!" I intend to put this on myself and if ANYONE can help me, point me in the right direction, show me a "how to", something. I would appreciate it. I know I need to replace my window regulator, weatherstrip, and anything else bolted to the door, then I need to get it properly aligned. Any posts on either or all of these subjects would be appreciated.

I would suggest getting the factory service manual, it goes into such things in detail, with pictures.

And this is a repro door:

http://www.mustangbarn.com/images/DD038.jpg

Thats a good lookin door, i am definately going dynacorn with the door, i have read good things about them, they are about 50 bucks more each, but well worth it. I actually found a site that had a lot of the info I was looking for. Google Average Joes Restoration.....they have a lot of old mustang how-to's.