67 Mustang w/ 302 & AOD. Which LT Headers?

jrnstang

May 30, 2003
Guys,

I have been researching the site for a list of LT headers to bolt up. I had some Hooker Comps with the C4 but since the AOD install, they no longer fit (passenger side) and have decided to go with something else or shoud I just modify the hooker comps? I have read about the Hedman #88300 but they also hit the steering box and will install lower at the collector (351 sits higher), I tried to bolt up some Ford Motorsport shorty headers but they also hit the bleeping steering box. Has anyone found a L.T. header that works without applying a hammer to them or should I save the money and modify the Hooker Comps. My setup is a 67 mustang with a Roller 302, No PS, & 91 AOD tranny. Also I have kind of a budget of $400.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give, I am looking to get this done this weekend. Any pics would be great, just PM me and will send you my email.

Thanks Guys,
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

try fordpowertrain.com

they can make something that fits your specific application. I went through a pair of coated hookers and hedmans and nothing really fit but the FPAs I got fit just fine. 3rd time is the charm.

My Hedmans fit a C4, but the driver side did not clear the AOD linkage and pan. I cut the collector off, pointed it slightly down and out, then rewelded it.

If you have the money, go with Jerry's recomendation. The FPAs seem like a simple drop-in.
If you dont mind fabing something yourself, start with ceramic coated Hedmans for $290

And stay tuned for my rack & pinion install bext week, though I dont expect any issues with the steering cleancing the headers.