67 Problem

May 13, 2017
I bought an 88 Ford Mustang GT with a 5.0 and 5-speed I quickly learned it had 1992 upgrades

first code 67

I check the clutch pedal switch first and it was missing after replacing , I was thinking my 67 code would disappear

And I was wrong

Read read read till your eyes bleed

I went back to the internet in the forums and learned of a neutral safety switch on the tranny! that must be their problem!!

There seems to be a little confusion about the switch on the tranny a couple of people was under the understanding it told the computer it was in 5th gear and they were wrong

And after further inspection of the wiring diagram it looks to me like you need at least one of the two switches to work properly but not necessarily both

I finally got around to removing the tranny to replace the switch
with the transmission on the floor of the garage and the car half in and half out of the garage I now learn that I need a little pin
After a large headache I ended up buying a pen and then realizing I could have taken a drill bit or something like that, cut it to 1 inch in length and use that
After replacing a missing clutch pedal switch and replacing the switch on the transmission with a missing pin my 67 code problems we're going to be solved

And I was wrong

67 code could cause you lots of problems most of the sensors use the same wire that runs the switches on the clutch and the transmission so if something went haywire between One of Those sensors there's a good chance something is not working right also

Not my case though everything seem to be working right

I finally bought a repair manual and found a wiring diagram at this time things started matching up color for color unlike the internet I was using
I trace the clutch pedal sensor wire back to the O2 sensor harness and then I trace the computer wire ( pin 30) back to the O2 sensor harness
My O2 harness had gotten against the header and melted the previous owner made attempts to make the O2 sensor harness work again which I fixed when I first bought the car but didn't realize there was a loop through wire that was supposed to be in the O2 sensor harness that connected the switch to the computer

No more 67 code I whipped it!!

• Sponsors (?)

It's nice to read about a problem that was resolved without a five page discussion try'n to find out what just what we are dealing with, some get on here and want a magic explanation of what there is wrong with their car.
Sometimes you just want to tell them they are a idiot and don't ever buy another mustang to f-up.
I resolved most of my problems with my stang by looking up stuff here, most of my problems were self inflicted I might add.
Good job geting it fixed, now post some pics of your stang

Reactions: 1 user
BS9ryxZgP5C