'68 Dash VIN missing

I got the door plate from them. The 65s didn't have dash plates. They claim they are licensed by Ford to reproduce the plates. From a legality perspective, it shouldn't make a difference whether it's door or dash.

• Sponsors (?)

BUT it does indeed have the VIN on it and with these cars having so few #'s on them at all it is used for a legal VIN as much or more than the ones on the aprons.

Depends on the state and how much the person at the DMV knows cars. When I went to the DMV, they refused to look at the Door Tag, they would only use the Buck Tag for verification.

Marti Auto Works here in Arizona bought all of the build sheet information for 67-73 from Ford. Thanks to Ford's short-sightedness they destroyed the 64-66 data. They can provide you with the build sheet for your car if you are in the right years. Marti Auto Works is also licensed to make replacement VIN plates. Mine was unreadable so I had one made last year. It looks just like the original.:nice:

http://www.martiauto.com/

They cannot provide you with a buildsheet, for any year car. The can provide you an Emminger report, which is a copy of dealer invoice, but only certian models and model years.

Marti is not licensed to make replacement VIN plates. That would be illegal. They can indeed make replacment Data Tags, which is not a vin plate.