68&OOGT some inspiration for you

Fostang

Founding Member
May 8, 2002
Stockton, Ca
68&OOGT some inspiration for you Eleanor/coupe

These are pictures of a buddy of mines 68 coupe.

He still has a long way to go before finishing it. But check it out you'll like it I think
attachment.php

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure you can find more things that could have been inproved but $$$ played a big factor when he lost his job now he just wants to complete it to a point where all of the holes where something is needed are filled.

Fostang said:
I'm sure you can find more things that could have been inproved but $$$ played a big factor when he lost his job now he just wants to complete it to a point where all of the holes where something is needed are filled.

Whoa, Not picking it apart, Just looking at the motor and the stock rad may tend to run hot.
They were notorious for running on the warm side with the smaller rads.

PB

ZooKeeper- Glass is the same place I got mine Mier's very nice quality for fiberglass. He did a lot of the work himself but as far is the body is concerned most of molding in was done by the body shop.

Speed_Demon1965- The color is 03' porche red with jet black racing stripes.

None67- The engine was red like the color of the car but with heat has turned into an orange. Everything on the car is red or black. Oh man I forgot to take a picture of his rear. I think he already did it but from what I remember he was going to paint it red with the same racing stripes folowing it.

This is the 3rd time he has rebuilt the car everytime before he's wrecked it. Hopefully it won't suffer the same fate again. It's got some serious juice going to the 8 inch with 3.00 gears second one he blew the first one. He left tiremarks for a block this time leaving. My old T-5 is sure handling it well. Built just right :)

3spd on floor said:
thats a nice one, if it were mine about the only thing i would do is put some more wheel under it.

nice car but i think your but buddy needs to re-think the routing of the fuel line a bit, looks like a sure fire way to start a fire if he rearends someone, just doesn't look too safe to me

I think Steve did a great job considering the fact that

1. yes he has done this car 3 times but before he never changed the engine, tranny , rear end, any real tuff body work other than bolting on new fenders.

2. First time he has ever worked on any of the above things

3. The front end was completely totaled just the frame remained straight and untouched.

4. I think he did well for 20 year old that didn't even know why his car wouldn't start because of the nuetral safety switch not being connected.

5. I can name a few things I don't agree with but to each his own. "Opinions are like *******s Everybody HAS one and they STINK."

golf4283 said:
That car does nothing for me. looks like its chopped together. no offense to your work man im sure you worked your ass off. IMO it needs to get rid of that front end. just makes that car look not good.

i think someones gettin jelous...

67vert- i really like that pic next to your name

Thats a pretty nice car. Some pics taken in daylight may do it a little more justice. Like VERT said, that front valance needs to be refitted. I didnt realize how BIG that opening was on the bottom. The hood pins look strange in the center of the hood like that.

What ground effects are being used on this car? Its not the eleanorII effects. And, are those fender flares?

The interior looks sweet with that guage cluster. You can see he put a lot of time and $$$$$$ into this car.

67vert said:
looks good, only thing i see is the lower valance on the front is supposed to fit tight to the top. other than that its sweet

I agree. I think the car looks great other than the lower nose section doesn't seem to fit up right to the upper section. I think it would make a lot of difference in the appearance of the front end if it fit right. Kinda looks like it's about to fall off.
Thanks for the posted pics. :nice: A little inspiration to get mine done ! I just got way way sidetracked with my car due to my new crave for a built AOD with a 2,500 stall. I plan to be done NOW in March or so. Keeps getting farther and farther away - :(

BTW- is he considering the billet grills, or cutting out the holes by the headlights too - :shrug:

attachment.php

Love his instrument panel ! Where did he get it from? Looks like an easy $900 or so ! :eek:

For now billet grill is out of the question no $$$.

The gauges were home made like mine. He used ultra lite silver faced.
attachment.php

We both are going to be using the restomod mustang plus ground effects. I like them better than the eleanor side exhaust. They go all the way to the rear quarter panel. Not leaving it looking empt back there once the side exhaust skirts are put in. Plus with side exhaust the pipes run too close to the fuel lines and the actual skirt hangs too low.

Nope doesn't have fender flares. Yes he does have serious money into it. It has lots of cool stuff, t-5, aluminum driveshaft, tcp suspension I hooked him up with since I decided to go with the M2 front end, etc etc.

I told him about the valance to resize the wholes and push it up more I don't know what he's waiting for?? :shrug:

BTW- I have a nice AOD for sale among other parts you can find them HERE

I like it, thats what I am planing to do with my car. Except differnt type of hood, also the front apron looks like it is haning or about to fall off. I am probably gonna get the one with the bumper. Nice job.