68 Upper Console Help

nfrntau

Aug 27, 2004
Winnie Texas
Does anyone have the July 2004 of Mustang Monthly with the ceiling console article in it? If so would you be willing to send the article to me?

Any other information that will assist me in this installation would be great.
Thanks for your time and effort.

Bill
[email protected]

Leaving today to go out of town till next Tues so won't be able to get back to you until then

• Sponsors (?)

Just added one to my '67 coupe.
I think I still have the article lying around, if I do I'll scan a copy for you. It's really a piece of cake, especially if you have the headliner out anyway. If you don't, the bracket can go over it but you'll have a little less visibility to where you're drilling. Just make sure you have the bracket for the front (rear too if it's a fastback). One should line up with the existing holes for the rear-view mirror, you'll have to drill the others through the windshield header and BE CAREFUL...you don't want to hit much less drill through the roof of your car of course. Use tape or soemthing to prevent your bit from penetrating more than about a 1/4 inch or so.
Beyond that, screw the bracket(s) in, connect the ground, connect the single wire to the map lights (the article states that you can simply unplug your dome light and use that lead, I didn't believe it because it's switched at the door and sure enough that's not right, it needs to be hot all the time or at least while the ignition is on). Finish by screwing the console to the brackets and enjoy the "cockpit" look.