69 Mustang 302 Coupe

Joshtrup

Jul 28, 2016
Hello everyone I'm new to owning a mustang, got a 1969 302 coupe just recently it runs great too. The car has a 2-barrel Holley Carburetor, PerTronix Flame-Thrower HEI Distributor, Headers, 3" Borla dual pipes for rest of exhaust, dual mufflers, and 18" Bullit wheels with bigger tires. I decided to go to 1/8 mile drag races at Qualcomm, as far as I know they only do 1/8. Anything I should know, this will be my first time. Any tips for better times?
Snapchat-1561018233450601070.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Very cool ride. As far as for the 1/4 mile, since its your first time just have fun I would say. Make sure the tire air pressures are right, and try not to spin too much off the line

Welcome to Stangnet it's great to have you here. Check out the classic section of the forums here. Beautiful 69 coupe you have very nice! As the 18" bullit wheels look very nice on your Mustang for street driving they will hurt your times at the track. If you plan on taking your coupe to the track some you should consider smaller wheels and different tires for the track to help your times.Also definitely do some suspension upgrades before you go to the track it will help your times. The driver mod is the best mod of all!