69 mustang 302 how much horsepower can be gained with edelbrock top end kit containing heads intake manifold and carb

69 mustang 302. How much horsepower can be reasonably added with an edelbrock top end kit consisting of heads, intake manifold and carb ? I know the biggest drawback to airflow is in the intake ports and exhaust ports in the stock heads, but might as well do the whole kit....

• Sponsors (?)

if you are talking just the heads, intake, and carb, you can figure about 50hp or so, just bolting those on. but that also depends on how well you can tune the combination. if you add the cam you can figure probably another 30-50hp depending on the cam you choose.

Agree. I can see the right top end kit adding close to 100 hp if tuned right. Edelbrock is usually a little too conservative on their cam selections in my opinion. I'd shop around. I'd also compare bang for the buck with a pair of AFR heads and I'd pick 2 or 3 good cam companies, call their help line and see what cam they recommend for your set up. That might sound like extra work but it can pay off pretty big performance wise for about the same money.