69 Mustang Rust Problems

69stangboy

Dec 26, 2003
G'day all, My names Josh O'Brien and I live in Australia. Me and my Dad recently purchased a 69 Coupe with a rust problem in the floor and I was wondering if you guys could help out. Our theory on it was that leaves had gone in the vent in front of the windscreen and blocked the drain plug for the water and therefore the water has had nowhere to go but in the vent next to the Foot/Handbrake vent. I'm just wondering is this a common problem or is this just bad luck also if any other problems are known of in the 69s. Many Thanks any help is MUCH appreciated.

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

Tis a common problem, do a search on www.google.com for mustang cowl replacement, and you'll eventually find something to show you what you're getting into. The cowl work is rather a big job, the floor pans, you can buy replacement pans, cut the old ones out, weld the new ones in (measure before cutting, then measure again), seam seal and paint or rust protect (POR-15 is this forums favourite rust inhibitor/stopperer).

oh and

Aussie Aussie Aussie! :nice:

OI OI OI

Thanks for that much appreciated, in a way good and bad news the good news is that down under one of our other Fords (XY Falcon I think it was.) uses the same floor pan and firewall (Easy for Conversions) so finding the replacement should be easy. The bad news is that it'll be tough. Thanks for the info on inhibitors and stuff too. I will now be participating in this board lots as it has restored my trust in humans. Haha anyway thanks again.