69 mustang shaker hood scoop question

my current hood has the non functional hoodscoop but I really want to install a shaker. Do I need to get a new hood because of the holes from the hood scoop screws or can those be welded shut? I've heard in the past that it's rather difficult to do repairs on hoods because they warp easily.

• Sponsors (?)

I think you answered your own question- they are tough to get right, and you really need to get it looking right from underneath too so you can pop the hood without looking like a butcher. At the end of the day, for the $400, a new hood is your best bet.
Shakers are cool!

Shakers rule, I wanted to put one on mine, but it is a pain in the ass if you are going to go with intake manifold. The high rise manifolds will give you some bad clearance issues. Shakers are nice if you have time and expertise to customize something which we are planning in another thread, or if you are leaving it bone stock. I hear that you can get some clearance if you get some special drop motor mounts.

actually I'm planning on installing a shaker system from CDC it on top of a 4.6L DOHC :) I'm going with the martz mII front end so I should have a little leeway with engine placement.
here's it done on a 70 fastback. I emailed the guy as to the details. I'm waiting for a response. He actually doesn't live to far from me so I'm hoping to get a chance to go look at his setup in person.
598113_16_full.jpg

simplyJ said:
actually I'm planning on installing a shaker system from CDC it on top of a 4.6L DOHC :) I'm going with the martz mII front end so I should have a little leeway with engine placement.
here's it done on a 70 fastback.

ARe you sure that is a 1970? Where are the shock towers?

I looked into it and it is a $500+ piece of bling. There is still no real engineering proof that the shaker system gives you any performance benefit. And retrofitting is supposed to be a pain. Having said that, I am opening my hood under my 69 Mach 1 and adding a Boss 429 hood scoop only I have dropped plans to add a shaker.

Just my $.02

Is that a 96-98 DOHC Mod motor? It doesn't have coil on plug setup.

I love the look of that engine bay with no shock towers. Someone did a nice job there, it looks all stock. :nice: