69 Shelby 351W engine question

• Sponsors (?)

mr-fixit said:
Does a 351W from a 69 Shelby, have the Vin stamped on the block? And if so, where?
Thanks, Rick

You were about to slide off the 1st page, so I thought I would "bump" this back to the top for you. I personally do not think the 351 has a VIN stamped on it anywhere ( at least I've never seen one done that way ). Maybe someone more knowledgeable than myself can give you a more definitive answer. :D
BTW, it should have a C90E part # on the block for a '69 Mustang with a 351W.

i do not beleive the sheblys had the vin stamped on the block, the only mustangs that i am aware of that the vin stamped were the bosses, and some of the early k-code cars, otherwise you just go by the date code on the block

Thanks for the response. I just picked up a 69 GT 350 that is supposed to have the original engine, but I can't find a VIN stamped anywhere. The engine is coming out this weekend for a rebuild, so I can look more closely then.

if the date code on the block is within a few days to a couple of weeks prior to the build date of the car itself, if the date codes are after the build date it is not the original, even if the date codes are in the right range it still does not guarantee the engine is the original, but really no reason to question it though