Progress Thread 6r80 coyote swapped pig

• Sponsors (?)

Got around to installing the ATS brembo calipers. There some VHT paint on them then brembo decal and clear coated them. They came out great. I just drilled the spindle and mounted them very easy swap and they work amazing ended up using the stock 03 cobra caliper hoses i had already installed for now. I also could not run my gold wheels so decided to go with bronze GT350 style wheels 18x10 with a 275/40/18 tire on it they clear the calipers with more than enough room and fit the car great. Still waiting on 2 more wheels to show up. Then I will post up more pics.
bremb.jpg
brembo.jpg
bronze.jpg
gt350.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Damn we both did the ATS calipers and the same rims... lol. These are from over the weekend, something to note... the bleeders are meant to face up apparently, to help get air out.

Attachments

• 20200704_165709.jpg
    20200704_165709.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Damn we both did the ATS calipers and the same rims... lol. These are from over the weekend, something to note... the bleeders are meant to face up apparently, to help get air out.
How do they fit on your car. They fit perfect for me. And good to know about the bleeders lol

Nice color.

How did you manage to bleed them with the bleeders pointed down?

Thanks. I did not realize about the bleeders but had no issues at all bleeding them just did one at a time and worked out fine. But maybe if i swap them around it will be even better :O_o:

Thanks for pointing that out gentlemen

I was debating for a while on ordering a kit for it but decided to just drill the spindles i do have a minor overhang of the bad not enough to bother me. I may change it in the future when i powdercoat my new spindles and upgrade the K member again

Long time no update for me. Killed the t56 last August and made a decision to do a 6r80 swap. Other than the engine swap the 6r was a very satisfying swap. While had the transmission problems I also had a cam cover leaking and decided to drop the motor. I ordered 2021 gt500 aluminum cam covers and had them coated. Then decided to clean up and paint the motor and add a boss 302 intake. Redid the engine bay pulled the dash rewired everything added a Lokar electronic shifter and redid the exhaust to be a full 3 inch all the way throughout the car. Next up will be a Whipple or VMP supercharge and Holley terminator
bay1.jpg
bay.jpg
redone.jpg
car.jpg
foox.jpg
... Decisions :thinking:

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
All i can say is thank you.
I think a clean engine bay will compliment the engine way better than the mess that surrounded it before. Good choice.
My thoughts exactly and the battleship grey makes everything just pop.

What happened to the t-56?
Destroyed 3rd gear ended up selling it off at a huge loss but happy to be rid of it

I saw it on Maximum and thought it looked like yours. Congrats on all the publicity. Looks good man !!!

Destroyed 3rd gear ended up selling it off at a huge loss but happy to be rid of it

I’m sorry to hear that you had to take a loss on it. My only T56 experience was driving a friends Cobra, and it was a really pleasant experience. I too hope to one day put a coyote in my car, but I love manual transmissions. My latest thought has been a TKX, but before that I thought my only option would be a T56.
Can you tell me your experience that makes you feel that way?

I saw it on Maximum and thought it looked like yours. Congrats on all the publicity. Looks good man !!!
Thanks bro!

I’m sorry to hear that you had to take a loss on it. My only T56 experience was driving a friends Cobra, and it was a really pleasant experience. I too hope to one day put a coyote in my car, but I love manual transmissions. My latest thought has been a TKX, but before that I thought my only option would be a T56.
Can you tell me your experience that makes you feel that way?
Not to worried on the loss its the way it is lol. I had maybe 5k into the setup with dual clutch shifter trans mount bell housing driveshaft etc. and sold for around $1500. My experience with it was okay I hated the way it shifted and it does not like to shift above 6k. The trans I had a was low mile terminator trans. The gearing of the trans seemed perfect with the 3.31 gears I have installed in the IRS. My plans were to rebuild it but I did not have the time parts were expensive and to have a rebuild done just did not seem worth it. Around 3k just for it to handle around 5 or 600 to the wheels iirc. The 6r80 was a pretty expensive swap as i needed a controller $1200 Headers $1400 Crossmember $250 Driveshaft $1000 Transmission $500 Lokar electronic shifter $400. But I really enjoy driving the car now even more than I did before

Reactions: 2 users
Figured id post up some more pics of the car. Been driving it almost daily bringing it to work to shows anywhere I want. With the amount of hours i put in at work I've had no time to finish up a lot of minor details on the car like the bumper, chipped paint on fender flares, and some interior work. But I do get to enjoy the time whenever I want so that's the upside to it all.
inter 2.jpg
inter3.jpg
inte.jpg

Reactions: 2 users