Progress Thread 6r80 coyote swapped pig

• Sponsors (?)

Lately ive been real busy and have seemed to get tons done but also feel like nothing is getting done. Managed to get all of the wheel studs upgraded to arp and also added drilled and slotted rotors and some ebc pads. I got a killer deal on a JLT oil seperator. The guy i purchased it from gave me a brand new JLT cai which is about $300 new and a used unmarried SCT X4 tuner with 5 unlocks left which is about $400 new all of that for $60 :eek: best deal ever not sure i can use the tuner and i already had a steeda cold air but i couldint say no. Ill find a use for it sooner or later. Also tried to get car ready to start and had a bad fuel leak so have to redo the an lines because one was pinched.

jlt.JPG
IMG_3739.JPG
IMG_3701.JPG

Also wondering what everyone thinks about my headlight vents i made up. I figured why not because one of the 4 eye headlights dont work the way i want because my car is a 89. And it will get the extra air to the intake i need.
IMG_3744.JPG
Sick!! I like those rotors what brand? How will those hold up once the pads hit does it just stuff down?

Just a quick tip i just learned....if you don't already. People have been using magnets on the fkares to hold them to the car while the PBA is setting with good results. It'll help keep them from bowing without having to drill holes.

his AC!! (and like I said, you can be the
Sick!! I like those rotors what brand? How will those hold up once the pads hit does it just stuff down?

They are from ebay Callahan brand like from the movie Tommy Boy lol. Ive used them for a few of my other cars never in the black zinc and they have held up fine. These i touched the brake one and it pulled off the finish. It did not bother me much as i am preparing to purchase a big brake kit front and rear in the very near future.

Just a quick tip i just learned....if you don't already. People have been using magnets on the fkares to hold them to the car while the PBA is setting with good results. It'll help keep them from bowing without having to drill holes.

Thanks i am considering on using the pba now and i did think about the magnet idea. Ihave some extremely powerful magnets to hold them so if i go that route that is my plan.

Reactions: 1 user
Small update just need to align the car. I do plan on molding the flares and bumpers to the car over the winter it is far from perfect and im fine with that as long as i can enjoy it a few times this year. Also i could not get the moldingt to all work without heavily modifying them because of the flares so those will need some love as time goes on also. I will post some more pics very soon
IMG_3877.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Long time since i have posted.. Got the car up and running for the last part of the summer put maybe 1000 miles on it. Killer gas milage and the car is quicker than i anticipated. I learned very quickly I screwed up when I installed my tremec 3550 and a cheap clutch. Now its time to correct that. I picked up a spec stage 3 which will be swapped in the future to a twin disk when i build the t56 i picked up. I also plan on installing a sequential over the winter and tuning the car. Anyways you guys dont care and probably just want to see pictures.
t56.jpg
yote.jpg
foxy.jpg
4eye.jpg

Attachments

• t56.jpg
    t56.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
A few updates on the beast. Finished up the T56 swap and have no complaints other than needing to resolve some annoying clutch adjustment issues. I decided to have a some fun and bought a msd 2 step which will sound rowdy with my cut offs when i get around to installing them. Also spent a little more than i wanted on a set of seats. They are
2 step.jpg
sparco 2.jpg
sparco.jpg
sparco 1.jpg
r333 and fit perfect in the car but they sit up a little high so ill have to fab up some lower mounting brackets. All in all im happy with it.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Me and my wife decided to do a little project to add to the unique look of the car. I changed the hood pins to Aero latch style wired up the fog lights Then we made a Duckbill. Its built out of sheetmetal and little body filler. Its not 100% finished need to do a little more to it and paint it again but all in all I think it looks great.
fog and aero.jpg
aero and fog.jpg
wing 1.jpg
wing 2.jpg
wing 3.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Uhhhh

1584622803129.jpeg

Which “ part “ of this duck drawing would you say the spoiler more closely matches?

Here we go again,...a ducks “tail” is what the spoiler is named after. It’s even on the right end of the animal So that it makes sense ending up on a rear deck lid. Whoever decided that the duck bill would be on the back of anything is another instance of somebody that should’ve paid more attention in biology class, and how we get these incorrect word usages into the mainstream.

Uhhhh

1584622803129.jpeg

Which “ part “ of this duck drawing would you say the spoiler more closely matches?

Here we go again,...a ducks “tail” is what the spoiler is named after. It’s even on the right end of the animal So that it makes sense ending up on a rear deck lid. Whoever decided that the duck bill would be on the back of anything is another instance of somebody that should’ve paid more attention in biology class, and how we get these incorrect word usages into the mainstream.

I am so sorry to inconvenience you I will not do it again sir please forgive me.:lol:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user