6R80 Transmission Shield

White Wolf

Dec 10, 2018
Las Vegas NV
Hello, Does anyone know where I can buy a Transmission Shield for my 2013 Mustang? I have a transbrake and thought it would feel safer with a SHIELD. I have searched the net high and low and although there are many shields I cant find any for a 6R80.

Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

White Wolf

Dec 10, 2018
Las Vegas NV
Hi David.
I explored that. But this car is used 80-20 Street - Track and those blankets are designed primarily for FULL TRACK as they hold in HEAT. Wont work for a daily driver. But a Shield is great just a matter of finding one that fits that tranny.

Thanks.
Craig

David Young

Sep 16, 2012
Clinton, Tennessee
I kind of figured that :(. I searched everywhere and couldn't find what your looking for :(. The only thing left is for you to make your own. I noticed they are threaded bolt holes under our Mustangs in that area. I used 2 of the threaded bolts hole to install my driveshaft safety loop, that wasn't supposed to fit my 2011, it fit, I only had to got to my parts store and buy a couple of large bolts to fit the threaded holes. Could be other threaded bolt holes not used for anything. Good luck and let us know what you do :)

White Wolf

Dec 10, 2018
Las Vegas NV
Yes Ill have to have my tranny shop look up in there and see where it would go and then think about who could make me one.

Reactions: 1 user