6R80 Transmission Shield

White Wolf

Dec 10, 2018
Las Vegas NV
Hello, Does anyone know where I can buy a Transmission Shield for my 2013 Mustang? I have a transbrake and thought it would feel safer with a SHIELD. I have searched the net high and low and although there are many shields I cant find any for a 6R80.

Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi David.
I explored that. But this car is used 80-20 Street - Track and those blankets are designed primarily for FULL TRACK as they hold in HEAT. Wont work for a daily driver. But a Shield is great just a matter of finding one that fits that tranny.

Thanks.
Craig

I kind of figured that :(. I searched everywhere and couldn't find what your looking for :(. The only thing left is for you to make your own. I noticed they are threaded bolt holes under our Mustangs in that area. I used 2 of the threaded bolts hole to install my driveshaft safety loop, that wasn't supposed to fit my 2011, it fit, I only had to got to my parts store and buy a couple of large bolts to fit the threaded holes. Could be other threaded bolt holes not used for anything. Good luck and let us know what you do :)