70 motor mounts??

unrealmach1

Dec 22, 2005
Detroit, MI
I am trying to install some clipster headers I bought a few years back and they are not fitting ver well in my 69. I was looking through some paper and the said to use '6611/42-'70 motor mounts? Are the 70 mounts different than the 69? I thought they are the same? I have a 351w. Pass side hit the tower and drivers side hit the steering? Anyone have any advice? Headers are ceramic coated, so really don't want to bang on them.

• Sponsors (?)

I am trying to install some clipster headers I bought a few years back and they are not fitting ver well in my 69. I was looking through some paper and the said to use '6611/42-'70 motor mounts? Are the 70 mounts different than the 69? I thought they are the same? I have a 351w. Pass side hit the tower and drivers side hit the steering? Anyone have any advice? Headers are ceramic coated, so really don't want to bang on them.

They are. the 66 all, and 68-72 non-convertible 289, 302, and 351 all had the same mount. The 67 289, and 68-72 had a different mount, but of course it had a different frame bracket too, so I can't imagine what Clippster is thinking. If your LH mount is saggging or split, it might be causing your problem.

you need to check the engine bay measurements against what they should be stock. do a search for 70 frame dimensions on here and/or google and you should find them pretty easy. my guess is that your shock towers have sagged pretty badly over the years. i know mine did, i had to use a porta power to spread them out far enough to install the export brace and monte carlo bar, but with those installed the towers will never sag again

The motor seems centered. And I had an export brace and a Monte Carlo bar on the car with no issues, but I justed switched to the MPG braces. Looking at the headers I have the package say fits 289-351w, but I bought them when they first came out. Looking at Summit they are listed as 289-302 only, but one of the threads said these headers have changed over the years. Anyone use them on a 351w?