70's Cars Make Me Happy!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm with you. I used to hate those things back in the day. EVERYONE has one, almost always jacked the ass way up, put too big of a tire on them, so much so that they stuck out of the wheelwell, and think they were fast. 99% of them would pull next to me in my old coupe and try to run me, then get spanked. It was almost a joke. Now that you just don't see them alot anymore, and when you do they are relatively tasteful with what they do with them, they are a goodlooking car. Tell your employee :nice: from me!

The only reason I bought my II was because after doing car shows here in Las Vegas for the last 10 years I wanted something different that no one else has. To date after 11 car shows in the past year I have yet to see another Mustang II. I have seen some Vega's, Pinto's and there is a great looking Gremlin X running around with a 304 V8. The fact that 70's cars were not the hot ticket for race or show is what makes them unique.

yea we own somthing different allright don't see to many around.this could be do to the front ends which ford did a awesome job on and every body knows it or they are out there hideing ?don't know don;t care love my slot car driving II both of them :nice:

I don't mind that style of the Z28. I like the Trans Am a little bit better. What I didn't like was driving them. To me they felt really heavy. I drove a 79 or 80 convertable model (some sort of an aftermarket conversion) that was an absolute mess to drive. It felt like a bowl of jelly. To me, the cars just were lacking that "fun to drive" part.
Vegas, I loved the Gremlin Xs with the 5.0. That is another rare car nowadays. The 360 Hornet was another sleeper.
/paul

I have to see my neighbor's '72 Z28 every time the sun is out ...

but this was the last one I saw that looks similar to your employee's ... watching my tail lights, then making a bunch of excuses for why it ran so slow afterwards (he talked it up pretty good before that run).
mach1.jpg

I didn't like '70s Chevies much in the '70s, still not fond of many of the models.

Now models based on some platforms like the Vega and Camero are somewhat pleasant trips down memory lane.