'71 seats in a 66?

brtnstrns

Dec 19, 2003
Lewisville, TX
I really want some seats with headrests but I'm looking for the cheapest(price wise) way to do it. A guy working at Dallas Mustang told my father that 71 seats will fit the holes in a 66 and they should work fine. Is this true or has anyone done this? What are some other suggestions...i've sean the procar seats and the headrests that are made for the 66 seats, but I want seats that wont just fall forward...i want ones that lock in position.

• Sponsors (?)

Cant say 100% for the 71 seats but I had '70 mach 1 seats in my last 65 , they were a bolt in. Im told that even late model mustang seats are pretty close to being a true bolt in.

if you had no trouble getting 70 seats in your 65 then you won't have trouble with 71-73's.

69-70's and 71-73's are basically the same seat, there's just minor differences in the patterns and the seat backing and seat bottom pads have different contours slightly. frames are the same as are seat tracks.

Here's some pics of some '87-'93 Fox seats on the original seat brackets.

Attachments

• seatbottom1.jpg
    seatbottom1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 69
  • seatbottom2.jpg
    seatbottom2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 98
I wrote out a huge post only to have some idiot hit the neighborhood cox cable box as i hit post and therefore i lost it.

Just to say the seats will fit fine when swaping out the seat tracks. They feel great and will work great. The bad part is that it's costly to reuphoslster them even if you do it yourself. I believe each seat foam cost $180, the Front uphosltery set was $230, good hog ring pliers was $15, Small 'bolt' cutters $15, and a bag of hog rings $5 (from a local fabric shop, it was about 60% less than the parts venders and i got more hog rings). But once you recover the seats you won't be disappointed. I love how they feel, support, and cushion.