73MM Caliper's with stock Master Cylinder?

TrophyHead

15 Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
PA
I just bought a pair of re-manufactured 73MM calipers with the steel piston.

So with 73MM calipers up front and stock rear drums out back should I convert to a 2 port master cylinder or could I get away with the stock 3 port design?

I checked Matt's website and I could really find anything concerning this. It just seems if I was running rear disc's I would have to convert my master cylinder. Though I could be wrong. :shrug:

Thanks a lot.

• Sponsors (?)

TrophyHead said:
I just bought a pair of re-manufactured 73MM calipers with the steel piston.

So with 73MM calipers up front and stock rear drums out back should I convert to a 2 port master cylinder or could I get away with the stock 3 port design?

I checked Matt's website and I could really find anything concerning this. It just seems if I was running rear disc's I would have to convert my master cylinder. Though I could be wrong. :shrug:

Thanks a lot.

Look on the MC/PV page. Anytime you upgrade the caliper volume, you have to increase the MC bore volume.

So yes upgrade!

Thanks Matt. It looks like I'll be going with a 94-95 Cobra MC/BB and that T-Fitting you sell.

should I change the stock brake booster or leave it alone untill I convert to rear disc's?
My future plan is Mark7 rear's with Cobra fronts.

Thanks again and let me know if you see anything wrong with changing the BB now.

Hmm, I thought I read somewhere that all you have to do is adjust some sort of rod inside the master cylinder like half a turn to work with the 73mm calipers. I thought it was on matt's site, but I can't find that information anywhere now. I am positive that it said that the stock master cylinder could be used, but it had to be adjusted. Maybe somebody else can find a link for it.