73mm calipers?

• Sponsors (?)

You really should change the master cylinder as well. I beleive a '93 Cobra MC is the one to run.

I ran the 73's and honestly it really wasn't worth it. Didn't notice much

I have them on my 82 Capri along with T-bird Rear disk and I fine it very better then the stock setup. For a MC I used a SVO unit. I will teel you this car stops allot better then my stock 93...

You really should change the master cylinder as well. I beleive a '93 Cobra MC is the one to run.

I ran the 73's and honestly it really wasn't worth it. Didn't notice much

I have to disagree, I did the swap along with ebc green pads, slotted and dimpled rotors, and stoptech braided hoses all at the same time and the improvement was very noticeable.

I would pass and just step up to sn95 or better brakes. If you want to just have slightly better braking then stock then go ahead and buy the 73mm (not worth it in my opinion). If you can't throw down the money for the 5 lug route, then just freshen up the stock system and do it the correct way later. Fresh fluid, new rotors/drums, braided lines and some good shoes/pads will be a hell of an improvement over stock.

Fred

These cars shoud've came with the 73mm calipers, Ford had the caliper in the parts bin and they bolt right on. If you do the 73mm and the master cylinder now then you'll already have the MC in place if you eventually do SN95 brakes. You can also use steel bushings in the caliper that will make it stop better, not by a lot, but anything helps stock fox brakes.

Bushings here