76 Cobra II or 70 Mach 1??

sandymachleish

Oct 22, 2007
Hey everyone, new to site. My father was a serious stang collector, original owner of a 70 Mach 1 and 76 Cobra II. He is terminally ill. I got the Mach 1 because mom was pregnant with me that year, my uncle got the 76 Cobra II. He doesnt do computers, so I'am researching for him. My uncle and I are having a little competition, what is worth more the Mach or Cobra II?? I found alot of info on the mach but not a whole lot on the Cobra. The Cobra is in good solid shape, she runs, no body damage, interior not so good. Bad repaint job, right now she is black with gold stripes. Don't know what her "guts" are, as I'am consumed with my MACH 1:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Worth in dollars...Mach 1

Worth in the satisfaction of knowing you can't just open a catalog and build the entire car, therefore you have something that won't be seen everywhere in multiples...Cobra II

Seriously, not even close moneywise.

Raises an interesting question...what's the better car...a "classic" built of mostly repro aftermarket parts, or a "generally considered less desireable" car that is built of original reconditioned parts?

Not directed at the original poster's car, since we have no idea of it's condition, just a general ?

The mach is in much better shape. She has a 351W 2V, FMX Transmission, all original(except brakes that came from a Galaxy), dad rebuilt engine about 30K ago. Very little rust, no body damage. She was originally bright metallic gold but repainted silver with black stripes. I was pretty positive about the mach being worth more but what is the $ value for a solid Cobra II? My uncle and I would die first before selling either car, after 40 years of blood, sweat and $problems dad never considered selling his loves. You have to admit he has great taste in cars. I learned to drive on both, have to say the Cobra was much easier to drive, the Mach I have to pratically stand on both feet to stop her:D
I'am sure my uncle and I will create alot of excitement at the shows!