76 Cobra II

sandymachleish

Oct 22, 2007
My father recently passed away and left me his 70 Mach 1 and my uncle has his 76 Cobra II. We plan on hitting the local shows this year and showing them together in honor of dad. We are waiting for the Marti Report for the Cobra but this is what Dad told us. Has a 302 HO motor and is a factory 4 speed. Does anyone else out there have a 76 Cobra II with the same?? Dad said the factory 4 speed was very rare?? I will try and post some pics. Just curious to see what other Cobra II are out there, I know there is not that many.

• Sponsors (?)

IMNSHO, what makes the factory RAD rare is because many didn't last very long. The design was nice in theory but poorly executed.

Far as a '76 HO? Ummm ... Ummm.... Uh ... No.

i am very sorry to hear about your father, you will make him proud of you if you can carry on with both cars by showing them off. i also own a II and some day when i pass i will hand it to my son for him to show. keep up the good work and show them with pride.

The factory 4 speed was a mid-year offering in 1976, so it is more rare than the AT that year. The 4 speed, despite the less-than-reliable nature of the RAD design, continues to be more desirable by us gear heads. :D
Makes it easier to swap in a more modern 5 speed.