8 rib AC delete?

jivepepper

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2002
Under a Sombrero. in WV.
I know Riechard racing has an adjustable one but it's an arm and a leg.

I like the price of the Ford racing kit but they only come in a 6 rib. Is there another alternative or an 8 rib idler pulley that will fit on the ford racing bracket?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

This is what I used on my 2000, which was just the stock 6 rib design but the only difference would be finding an 8 rib idler/tensioner pulley and modifing a tensioner arm to work like this.

2v Belt Diagram & w/AC Delete - Modular Revolution Forums

If you wanted to keep the FRPP delete I'm sure there are alternate 8 rib pulleys you could use.

Bill

I can'I see the pic on the other site. If you are using a ribbed pulley on the tensioner. I can't do that because of the SC

if the AC delete has a 17mm mounting boss, then you could put most any idler there you wanted, including 8 rib pullies. Goodyear and Gates both have hundreds of different pulleys that fit a 17mm mounting boss.

if the AC delete has a 17mm mounting boss, then you could put most any idler there you wanted, including 8 rib pullies. Goodyear and Gates both have hundreds of different pulleys that fit a 17mm mounting boss.

How can I find the size of the mounting boss on the frpp kit? The last dufus I called there had know idea that there was even a need for an 8 rib AC delete.

On the 5.0s Ford had a bracket to move the PS pump up to the AC location and then you just run a shorter belt. Anything like that out there for the 4.6 yet ?

No there isn't. The AC and PS pump mount directly to the block/timing cover and have different bolt patterns. I'm sure something could be machined but it would be fairly involved and the amount of work to re-do the PS lines to reach to the other side of the engine would be pretty expensive and a pain in the ass.

Bill