800 orig mile King Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a King about two years ago with the same interior as the one on ebay. ( May it rest in peace). I thought someone had replaced the seats from another II.

That's a nice King. Just wonder if it will bring close to the buy it now price.

The King almost hit the buy it now price. It went for $15,000 to a lucky buyer. Garage kept, only 785 original miles and it looks like it's right off the show room floor.

innocentfool said:
holy smokes!! 15,000!! do you think the car is worth it? i mean, the car is beautiful and low original miles. but the prices for IIs were never really high. dont get me wrong, i would not sell my king for 50,000 it has too much value to me.
Keep an eye on the prices, they have recently started going higher, Actually I'm glad to see it go at a price approching that of some of the classics, it shows some respect for our forgotten poinies. personally I think whoever the buyer was ended up with a steal at that price considering what he's getting. It's a beautiful car.

78Mach1 said:
Keep an eye on the prices, they have recently started going higher, Actually I'm glad to see it go at a price approching that of some of the classics, it shows some respect for our forgotten poinies. personally I think whoever the buyer was ended up with a steal at that price considering what he's getting. It's a beautiful car.

I pretty much agree, in spite of the fact it's still well above what might be considered top dollar, even for a #1 car. As I've always felt when I see such rare offerings...it's a fair price when one compares it to the average new or slightly used car selling for a similar price. It's a one time opportunity for someone to purchase a vehicle that is still as mechanically sound as the day it was manufactured...and one that will never be made again. It could likely still give 15K worth of use if daily driven, although I highly doubt that will be the case. As a show car, it will always be of special interest to others, and provide someone with a lot of pleasure and pride, should they deceide to use it as such. Furthermore, one would be hard pressed to restore another to this condition, without a similar cash outlay. And even if they did...it wouldn't have only 785 original miles!

I may be mistaken, but I believe this car was for sale in about '98 or '99 in the Kansas City area for an asking price of $29K. From what I remember,it sold for around $12.5K. Never would send pics, though, and was kind of a jerk, or so it seemed at the time.

T0BASC032 said:
That's because it was a reserve auction, and nobody was getting that car for less than $15,000. Otherwise, it would have sold for $11,000.

The bid would have been hanging at $8,600, the next increment over 00hunt's bid, after motorcraft made his $11,000 bid.

Motorcraft could have made a $15,001 bid, or a $25,000 bid, when there is only one bidder over the reserve the bid amount stops at the reserve.

78Mach1 said:
Yep, The King was the 1st to get the 5.0 badging, not the foxes, another fun thing to bring up when the FOX guys start bashing :p

Technically, the 5.0 'badging' didnt start till 1979 on the fox. the king's had much different decals on the hood scoop. haha, just playin with you guys

II's are very cool, in fact my uncle has a 78 II hatchback w/a 2.8. he got a 77 Cobra II parts car and has dressed up his 78 with the hood scoop, chin spoiler and rear spoiler. pretty cool.

that king is gorgeous. someone will be very happy with that car. one day, when i have $$ to burn, ill have a nice collection of mustangs, and beleive me, the II's will be VERY well represented :nice: