83 GT with t-tops..how many ?

9646gt

Apr 7, 2005
Holloman AFB,NM
Just curious how many 83 GT's with t-tops were made? I can't seem to find the right production number anywhere. One for sale here for like 1500. Thanks if you can help me and a buddy out who is thinking of buying one...

• Sponsors (?)

T-tops were optional 81-88, but no real production data is available. They were somewhat rarer in the later years, but 4-eye cars with t-tops were pretty common.

If anything, t-top coupes and sunroof coupes are the truely rare cars, but no info exists on actual numbers.

In the early years, i think t-tops were more common than sunroofs.

This really irks me, too. I'd love to know how many of my car were produced. There has to be a purchace order hidded in a filing cabinet in an abandoned building in Dearborn that has T-Top production numbers on it. As much as I've searched, though, Ive never found anything.Sources I've seen can't even say when exactly the last one was sold.

I remember reading over on Corral.net that someone bought the data from Ford for a lot of money, but is just sitting on it.

No idea how true it is.

I remember the guy who used to post data on your car if you gave him a VIN# had to stop because of this.

Unsure if that's true at all. So don't quote me on it

Marti Auto (.com) is the place the bought all of Ford's data. They're done with the '79 model year and are working on '80 and newer. They have original Ford invoices (through '81 right now) and their custom 'reports'.

Stew Jones (of the now defunct thirdgenerationsnewsandbeyond.com) used to give you production info using your VIN. But that info was limited to bodystyle and exterior and interior colors. It never included options such as a T-roof. He was forced to stop because he was not getting his info through legal channels (he was getting it from a "friend" inside Ford) and he is not an official Ford licensee.