Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe inappropriate to ask, but are you getting Doby back?
Nah, it’s ok.

I have to find out some stuff this weekend. I’m thinking not though. I just can’t afford two builds. Even though I really dug the color on Doby, I think she’ll have to go.

Bright side, she’ll be up for sale soon if anyone wants her.

• Sponsors (?)

Oh, but they could be combined to one super awesome car. My gears are so turning right now and they need a solid chunk of metal jambed between them!

Go ahead, let the wheels grind away....don't forget to get one of these kits:

Only 139.00!!

1520645255893.png

Hows that for a solid chunk of metal?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
So I'm out at my brothers house in Stillwater today trying to put a little organization to his mess in his work shop. Get his three fox bodies in their own piles to hopefully get them sold.

Whilst there (you may remember me mentioning a 351/408) I put a feeler in with my sister in law about this.
IMG_3868.JPG

Right next to the engine there are these spindles......
IMG_3870.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG

On the other side of the shop there are a set of these as well
IMG_3874.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG

Right above the heads on the wall there's this hanging.
IMG_3878.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG

Two inch primaries. Maybe a little large for 220 AFR's?

All these pictures just to say.......hum........

I know I've talked about drivetrain and even bought things already, but my brother will never ride in my car. This is a very sentimental possibility to me and I could probably force my way into getting them. But I'm just asking right now and will pay a fair value for these things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I imagine you could get into all that for a lot less than your supercoupe idea. A carbed 408 is pretty simple, and also substantial. Aside from Mr Michaelangelo giving you sht for being a belly button, I think its cool to use your brother's engine.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I imagine you could get into all that for a lot less than your supercoupe idea. A carbed 408 is pretty simple, and also substantial. Aside from Mr Michaelangelo giving you sht for being a belly button, I think its cool to use your brother's engine.
Actually Nick, I’m thinking FI.

Reactions: 3 users
Actually it's a good idea; buy it all at a fair price, choose what you what to keep and sell the rest.

Here are 3 reasons why it is a good ideal:
1.) If there was anybody your brother would want buy up his parts and put them on the road, my guess is that it would be you.
2.) His wife will appreciate not having to deal with all the goofballs calling at odd hours wanting chisel away at the asking price.
3.) Your sister in law knows that you will deal fairly with her and there won't be any problems about getting paid for the parts.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
I say put a custom name plate on the engine, in memory of your brother, and rock out, Dave.

Seems like its a hobby you both took seriously. It would be a way to build a car with your brother. He'll be smiling every time you hit the gas.... or bust a knuckle working on it.

Those cobra front calipers and sn95 spindles will help slow that thing down.

The only thing in question is a transmission....

MS would make easy work of getting that 408 to run...Holley EFI would save a bunch though with it using the carb intake 4150 pattern.

Sounds like a cool project in the making....and a good tribute to your brother.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Actually it's a good idea; buy it all at a fair price, choose what you what to keep and sell the rest.

Here are 3 reasons why it is a good ideal:
1.) If there was anybody your brother would want buy up his parts and put them on the road, my guess is that it would be you.
2.) His wife will appreciate not having to deal with all the goofballs calling at odd hours wanting chisel away at the asking price.
3.) Your sister in law knows that you will deal fairly with her and there won't be any problems about getting paid for the parts.
Thanks Joe, I was kind of seeing it that way myself. My brother could be an SOB at times, but I still loved him deeply.

I was seriously considering a 2018 coyote, not so much now.

I say put a custom name plate on the engine, in memory of your brother, and rock out, Dave.

Seems like its a hobby you both took seriously. It would be a way to build a car with your brother. He'll be smiling every time you hit the gas.... or bust a knuckle working on it.

Those cobra front calipers and sn95 spindles will help slow that thing down.

The only thing in question is a transmission....

MS would make easy work of getting that 408 to run...Holley EFI would save a bunch though with it using the carb intake 4150 pattern.

Sounds like a cool project in the making....and a good tribute to your brother.
Transmission will be a tko600.

Is that a 4150 pattern or 4500?

So, if you look at the picture of the engine itself, you see the NOS injectors already drilled and tapped. Is this the proper place to put fuel injectors? NOS won't be used (it'll be a street car for gawd's sake!).

I believe those nitrous nozzles are where you would put fuel injectors. That would be an awesome addition to your build. Talk of making it EFI puts a smile on my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.