Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on actually obtaining the parts?
Within the next month roughly Nick.

Right now I’m more than a little stressed because I’m the go to guy for helping out my sister in law and nephews.

It seems through the years that I’ve really been the only one out of the eight kids that can function with some form of organization during stressful periods (Thanks US Army).

I’m a little frazzled at the moment. I have to organize Larry’s tools this weekend, get his Harley to the dealership so they can sell it, take decent photos of his mustangs so they can be sold and figure out his gun collection too.

The good thing about no help is that no one else will be touching that engine or other parts than me.

I don’t mean to sound snipey, just a little worn at the moment.

• Sponsors (?)

Within the next month roughly Nick.

Right now I’m more than a little stressed because I’m the go to guy for helping out my sister in law and nephews.

It seems through the years that I’ve really been the only one out of the eight kids that can function with some form of organization during stressful periods (Thanks US Army).

I’m a little frazzled at the moment. I have to organize Larry’s tools this weekend, get his Harley to the dealership so they can sell it, take decent photos of his mustangs so they can be sold and figure out his gun collection too.

The good thing about no help is that no one else will be touching that engine or other parts than me.

I don’t mean to sound snipey, just a little worn at the moment.

I went through all the same stuff when my mom passed and again when my best friend passed, it's very stressful indeed Dave. I think the most important thing to remember is to take time for yourself to grieve and relax after you get everything else taken care of. It's too easy to forget that step and if your like me you'll get snappy with everyone else and not realize it's because you didn't take time for yourself.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Hey ummmm.... since there's not car stuff going on in here.... :D

Do any of you guys have or can any of you find, the smiley we used to have that went with ":O_o:"?

I've looked high and low, it's gone. The new one was so lame that I nuked it.

It screamed as it was burning. :flame:

Let it be a lesson to the other smileys. :confused:

See? That doesn't look mean at all. :fuss:

• Winner
Dave got me thinking about what my girl will be going through if something happens to me. I was at a garage sale recently and the widow was bomb barded with people that claimed they were friends and first choice on stuff, it was sad to see what she was going through.
They are lucky to have someone like you to help them. :hail:

Reactions: 1 user
There will be more car stuff this weekend, I’ll be out there Saturday to get pictures of everything to help sell things.

While I’m there I’ll make my ‘Dave’s Pile’ of the things I took pictures of before. And do my sweet talking ways so hopefully I can load it up sometime soon.

Surely there are a set of more adult like emojis out there @Noobz347 . Now, when I say adult like, I don’t mean from the prons industry. Though that could offer new ways to respond to Mike......

• Happy
Dave got me thinking about what my girl will be going through if something happens to me.

giphy.gif

.......................................................:think:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Well, if read right...the complete engine has vic jr heads on it and you're going to put the AFR heads on? If you get everything and want to sell one set or the other, PM or email me. I might be interested. (Don't tell the wife or I am NOT interested for sure!)

Reactions: 1 user
Sooooooo it’s 12:30 Friday morning and I’m in the ICU at the hospital.

Luckily, odd as it may sound in the end, my wife was at work yesterday.

Why lucky? Because she had a stroke. Lucky because there was a school nurse there.

Lucky because in its earliest stages they had her call me.

Lucky because I happened to have my phone on me.

Lucky because I got her to a doctor within 30 minutes from the onset of the symptoms.

Lucky because that doctor recognized what was going on and got an ambulance to take her to our biggest hospital’s ER right away.

Lucky because this hospital has teams specifically made to deal with stroke victims.

Lucky because we made the four hour window for her to get Alteplace (a really strong blood thinner).

Lucky because the stroke was caused by a blood clot instead of a ruptured vein.

Lucky because most of the symptoms of a stroke were reversed. You would be hard set to tell she had a stroke.

Both of my Parents died from strokes, I’ve seen what happens after too long of a delay.

She will probably be released to go home tomorrow after the Alteplace wears off.

The car will wait, I need to take care of my wife this weekend. It seems like when it rains, it pours. Despite as crappy as life might sound for me my brothers, it could have so easily been way worse.

You see, I really am the lucky one.

I may not post for a little bit.

• Loved It!
  • Surprised
Reactions: 5 users
Sooooooo it’s 12:30 Friday morning and I’m in the ICU at the hospital.

Luckily, odd as it may sound in the end, my wife was at work yesterday.

Why lucky? Because she had a stroke. Lucky because there was a school nurse there.

Lucky because in its earliest stages they had her call me.

Lucky because I happened to have my phone on me.

Lucky because I got her to a doctor within 30 minutes from the onset of the symptoms.

Lucky because that doctor recognized what was going on and got an ambulance to take her to our biggest hospital’s ER right away.

Lucky because this hospital has teams specifically made to deal with stroke victims.

Lucky because we made the four hour window for her to get Alteplace (a really strong blood thinner).

Lucky because the stroke was caused by a blood clot instead of a ruptured vein.

Lucky because most of the symptoms of a stroke were reversed. You would be hard set to tell she had a stroke.

Both of my Parents died from strokes, I’ve seen what happens after too long of a delay.

She will probably be released to go home tomorrow after the Alteplace wears off.

The car will wait, I need to take care of my wife this weekend. It seems like when it rains, it pours. Despite as crappy as life might sound for me my brothers, it could have so easily been way worse.

You see, I really am the lucky one.

I may not post for a little bit.

I want to remind you of one small factor before you drive yourself crazy thinking that the universe has it in for you:

:poo: happens and we react to try and mitigate it whether it's a good thing or bad thing.

It didn't happen because we did or didn't have our cell phone etc...

So take a deep breath. Do what ya gotta do. Just don't stand there waiting for the other shoe to drop. These shoes don't come in sets and one does not have influence over the other.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.