Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey Dave, i know we don't really know each other but man so sorry to hear about this terrible time your goin' through man, but i'm also inspired by the way you have been bridging the gap and hangin' tough with your brother, I'm gonna be praying for peace on you and your family today man All the best to you dude!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah Dave, I don't know you to well either, but I have three brothers and the thought of losing any of them is heartbreaking. Hang in there, and my prayers are with you as well.

Dave, just know that someone is here going through a similar situation. My brother has been fighting for a couple years now. He's still with us but he isn't who he once was. He has had multiple heart attacks recently following his previous stroke and round of heart attacks.

The defibrillator is whats kept him here but his pacemaker struggles to keep up.

Watching him go through this takes a lot from me. We are realizing that he doesn't have long.

My heart goes out to you and your family man.

Dave, just know that someone is here going through a similar situation. My brother has been fighting for a couple years now. He's still with us but he isn't who he once was. He has had multiple heart attacks recently following his previous stroke and round of heart attacks.

The defibrillator is whats kept him here but his pacemaker struggles to keep up.

Watching him go through this takes a lot from me. We are realizing that he doesn't have long.

My heart goes out to you and your family man.
Yeah Scott, it really does wear a person down.

I’m not working really any harder, I’m still getting the same amount of sleep, but I feel like my body has been beat up.

It’s kind of weird how this effects a person’s physiology. My brain seems foggy like I haven’t slept for quite a while.

God gave me Red Bull for a reason though, lol.

Sorry about your brother too.

Larry goes home today. He will have hospice care till he passes. My other brother and sisters and myself will be rotating 24 hour shifts with him.

Side note, today is my youngest’s sixteenth birthday. I’ll spend the evening with her. She wants to go to a movie, I’m thinking it won’t be a nice action one. As long as I don’t snore, she’ll think I watched it too.:D

Reactions: 11 users
The oncologist read the ctscan today. The got him into the er.

He has a massive brain tumor now, that’s why he couldn’t speak.

The chemo and radiation therapy didn’t do much except to make him feel really sick.

No chance of survival. Don’t know how long it will be.

Dave, My dad was diagnosed with the same thing- gioblastoma I assume. Unfortunately it is the most aggressive and fatal form of a brain tumor. He was dead in three months at 75.. Feel free to pm me if you want to chat privately.

All I will say in public is for you to cherish the remaining time with your brother. Again, I can't express enough my prayers to you and your family

Reactions: 2 users
I'm going to switch hats and give you some pastoral advice . My day job is fixing computers, my night job is as a licensed and ordained minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Now I’m going to put on my preacher hat and try to get you lined up to receive some divine help.

Hopefully your brother is still cognizant enough to understand who Jesus and what He has done for each of us. If not, then it is time for the whole family to have a come to Jesus event and gather around your brother. Every family member needs to have not just church attendance or membership but a living relationship and communion with the Lord Jesus.

Once your family has had their time of renewal and revival or Born Again new birth, it is time for all of your family gather around your brother and pray. All of you need to pray that if your brother hasn’t been Born Again, that God would graciously grant him lucid time to understand that he needs Jesus. Your brother needs to understand and accept the salvation message and pray to receive Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior. No one can do that for him, it has to be his desire and his words.

Once he has been Born Again, he is in God’s hands; God may choose to divinely heal him. However, even if God doesn’t heal him, he will pass from this life of pain and sorrow into the glorious presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. All you family can take comfort knowing that there will be a joyful reunion in Heaven one glorious day.

If your brother does not have that opportunity to be Born Again, his passing will not be without purpose. The spiritual revival and Born Again new birth among your family members will reshape your family and give each one of you a hope and a peace about where they will spend eternity. You will not be alone in this world; the Lord Jesus said that He would never leave you or forsake you. Each and every moment of every day, Jesus will be there to help you, guide you, shape and form you into all the wonderful things you can be in Him.

If all this seems overwhelming, Oklahoma is Baptist country, and there will be pastors who will take the time to help all of you do what each of you needs to do.

Joseph Richker
Minister of the Gospel
Greater Vision Christian Fellowship Ministries
email: [email protected]
Dublin, GA 31021

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks Joe, I appreciate you.

In spite of my beer consumption and other faults, I am a Christian.

So are several other members of my family and we have and will get the gospel to Larry. As you said, then it’s between him and God. Faith comes from hearing the word of God and his good news.

My posts here are more or less my own selfishness. I’m going to miss my brother that I love very much, even if he takes the gift of Jesus Christ to himself.

Thanks again though Joe, it’s good to be watched over by others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.