Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah, that’s what I understand as well Chris. I’m not totally taking the idea off the table, I’m just trying to get the engine home right now.

While you're doing that, Ragged and I will try and find inventive and numerous ways to spend money that you don't have.

You just "try" doing your job as well we're going to do ours. :D

Reactions: 2 users
While they are spending your money..... I think you need an mpx90.

Screenshot_20170925-074714.png
this is the end all of m90 blowers you can't possibly get anymore out of it.

Reactions: 4 users
To what end?
I assume you mean why.....

That's easy. The SC he has for that motor will fall on it's face at 325hp..... ported...

The mpx90 flows so much friggin air (for an m90) that people make 380-400+ hp with the right pulleys... Not to mention that it's more efficient so makes more boost turning slower with less inlet restriction, all that makes lower inlet temps.

Reactions: 1 user
I assume you mean why.....

That's easy. The SC he has for that motor will fall on it's face at 325hp..... ported...

The mpx90 flows so much friggin air (for an m90) that people make 380-400+ hp with the right pulleys... Not to mention that it's more efficient so makes more boost turning slower with less inlet restriction, all that makes lower inlet temps.
I'm with you Steve, but an extra $1000 might delay things even more.

I joined a supercoupe forum, and to hear them talk I could get upwards of 450 hp with the stock case ported. Of course with a varying supporting cast. More if I get the f150 crank to make it a 4.2.

That MPX case could put me into stupid power. And I fully have the stupid trait within me to do the wrong thing with said stupid power.

Hp isn't really that big of a thing for me, I want a bit of a torque monster. Realistically though, I would be tickled pink with 425 lb/ft. With what I already intend to do, it sounds fairly easy.

Last edited:
So today won't be a very exciting post, I'm pretty tweaked by it though.

At lunch I took this
IMG_3524.JPG

and trimmed off the excess and now have this
IMG_3547.JPG
IMG_3549.JPG

I still need to straighten out the lower area a little, nothing a porta power can't take care of. Then maybe wednesday or thursday I'll drop it off with the sandblasters, they couldn't possibly warp this like my dang hood!:fuss:

I'm saving the frame rail pieces for later, Digging through the engine bay and looking where I couldn't look before kind of has me thinking i might need these for some repair.
IMG_3550.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
I'm with you Steve, but an extra $1000 might delay things even more.

I joined a supercoupe forum, and to hear them talk I could get upwards of 450 hp with the stock case ported. Of course with a varying supporting cast. More if I get the f150 crank to make it a 4.2.

That MPX case could put me into stupid power. And I fully have the stupid trait within me to do the wrong thing with said stupid power.

Hp isn't really that big of a thing for me, I want a bit of a torque monster. Realistically though, I would be tickled pink with 425 lb/ft. With what I already intend to do, it sounds fairly easy.
Max effort YES. Easily not quite I did a lot of digging over on sccoa when I started the m90 build up. From what I understand that little 6 is a torque monster with a ported blower but runs out of steam up top (just like my 5.0 did) I wouldn't be surprised if you made that and then some.

Max effort YES. Easily not quite I did a lot of digging over on sccoa when I started the m90 build up. From what I understand that little 6 is a torque monster with a ported blower but runs out of steam up top (just like my 5.0 did) I wouldn't be surprised if you made that and then some.
With the t-tops, it'll never be a racer. I will NOT get a roll cage for it. So the low to mid 400's would just be uber spectacular.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.