Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Dawn dish soap and hot water to lift the soaked in mice reminats -then some industrial disinfectant :)
I'd also vote for a more potent febreeze scent ;) lol

Glad to see you made it out to the yard dave, how many trips do you think you have left before un earthing roby?

Dawn dish soap and hot water to lift the soaked in mice reminats -then some industrial disinfectant :)
I'd also vote for a more potent febreeze scent ;) lol

Glad to see you made it out to the yard dave, how many trips do you think you have left before un earthing roby?
Not many, I think I have the last of the interior with me. It really is right at being finished on that part.

The last thing I think I need to pull to work on is the driver's door.

My biggest hang up is making money at the moment. I'm going through the longest slow spell I ever have in all the years I've painted. It's been six months since I've made a decent check.

I keep thinking work is picking up finally, but the busy time only lasts two or three days instead of a whole two week pay period.

Maybe, hopefully, we're getting ready to turn the corner right now. Things are in place at the shop for it. It's been pretty devastating for the local body shop industry here though. Lots of decent techs have dropped out of the business and some of the less established shops have closed up.

We'll see. $500 for floor pan stuff was nothing six months ago. Not so much at the moment. Though this did cause me to do all of the interior work that costs me next to nothing. I would have had to do it anyhow and I really didn't give it the thought to how much work that really was. Easier to have the car sit in the yard than my garage all of that time.

Sooooo, I'm not positive. I keep hoping that by the time I pick up the door and have it finished I'll be making extra money again. It kind of feels like work is on the upside again right now.

If it is, then a month (no, really this time). Possibly two, I have to get a set of coilovers on Doby and kick him out of the house first.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the box tore down and it wasn't that bad. Other than the old sticky antifreeze and a pile of leaves of course. No rat poop. I guess they didn't want to have antifreeze on their fuzzy little butts?:shrug: Anyhow, here it is torn down.
IMG_2789.JPG

image.jpg

I'll take the parts home tonight and start cleaning them up. I wonder if the dish washer would be too hot for the parts through the dry cycle? Can't imagine, it puts up with 200* radiator fluid running through it.

Reactions: 2 users
Ah, oh, I got it now. I'll use a fancy clear tape similar to what was originally on the parts. It's just a little thicker than plain old scotch tape. A little tougher though.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the box tore down and it wasn't that bad. Other than the old sticky antifreeze and a pile of leaves of course. No rat poop. I guess they didn't want to have antifreeze on their fuzzy little butts?:shrug: Anyhow, here it is torn down.
IMG_2789.JPG

image.jpg

I'll take the parts home tonight and start cleaning them up. I wonder if the dish washer would be too hot for the parts through the dry cycle? Can't imagine, it puts up with 200* radiator fluid running through it.
I can just imagine what will happen if your wife catches you in the act...

You can probably run the plastic parts through the dishwasher with a no heat dry, or take them out before the dry cycle starts. The dry cycle tends to mess up plastic items on the lower shelf near the heating element.

I can just imagine what will happen if your wife catches you in the act...

You can probably run the plastic parts through the dishwasher with a no heat dry, or take them out before the dry cycle starts. The dry cycle tends to mess up plastic items on the lower shelf near the heating element.
Thanks Joe, but i can't remember the last time my wife washed a dish, so i'm probably safe there.....:eek:

I was thinking the top rack because it gets hot enough to sanitize our dishes, but not be so close to the heater element, so maybe it will finish sanitizing the air box as well?

It's funny, I didn't realize that it would break down into such small pieces that it actually could fit in there.

Just as a disclaimer as well, I will scrub the pieces pretty seriously before it would ever see the dishwasher..

Alas a side note, my wife got tired of waiting for me to get my son Andy a ride. She took out a loan in her name for $5k and bought a 2009 mustang for him.

She bought may mean i might help out with the first through last payment. We all have our parts to do in life.:poo: Guess what my part is?

Luckily I can pick up the tab for the insurance. Even with using USAA (a GREAT insurance company), a seventeen year old in an '09 mustang with a freaking V6 costs almost $150 per MONTH,:eek: Why might I pay for this? Andy sets the curve for the other four, a really spectacular kid that gets straight A's as a junior and still treats me as though he loves me. He hung the moon for me.

Oh well, after revisiting Scott's thread, I just may have a rotisserie in my life soon for Robby! Her impatience might be my reward......I feel like I should have some wise Chinese proverb here, but I've been drinking moonshine.....no real wisdom, just drunk rambling.

Last rambling that will transfer over into the sober state. My wife won't get the garage for a long time. Robby is going to be treated to the Dave Spa for Fox Body Mustangs.:D

Reactions: 3 users
So, it's just me, some Dawn dish soap, hot water and a piece of my heater box.....who's to tell me I'm wrong?

My wife went to bed early, blessings to me. I thought i would wash the piece the heater core sits on. I ran some really hot water, dumped in a good portion of Dawn and went to town with rags, scrub brushes, old tooth brushes and the sort.
IMG_0499.JPG

Now the next part may sound a little iffy for most married men here. After washing off the main scum off the piece, I put it in the dishwasher on the sanitize cycle.

Hey, I'M the MAN here, as long as my wife is sleeping, I shall remain the man. It'll be out of the dishwasher before she ever wakes in the morning.

I did remove the butyl tape from the piece at work and used laquer thinner to finish wiping any of it off.

Reactions: 6 users
I currently have the '89s bumper in my house in front of the patio door while I work on it. My wife doesnt love it, but has finally learned to deal with me. We bought the big house she wanted, so at least we have the space for it. Not so sure she would shrug off parts in the dishwasher, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.