Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
10-holes are nice and classic, but I feel a set of pony wheels would look a lot cleaner. Plus Dave can probably refurbish them in some magical manner to make them look brand spanking new.
Fifty bucks is fifty bucks though, just needed something to make it roll.

I agree ponies would be nicer though.

I really want a set of these. I keep Jeff's picture handy so I can lust over it.
IMG_0460.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Got the mud work done and got primer on the door. I'll probably start blocking it tomorrow. 220, then 320, then reprimer, then final blocking. I'll flip the door after I reprimer and get the seam sealing done though.
IMG_3104.JPG
IMG_3105.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Opinion time!

I picked up my "new" wheels today. I might be keeping these for a little bit until I can afford the new wheel/tire combo.
IMG_3108.JPG

I think 10 holes are ugly, maybe paint. Take a look at this picture and tell me what you think can improve this ugly design. This is an initial idea. Andy's green is that color I used for the GLX emblem on the hood.
IMG_0662.JPG

Brushed lips, skip the green and paint lip-inward gray, brushed centers
I know what you're saying Mike. But I showed them to my son when I got home, he's the one with green on the brain.

I haven't even cleaned them yet, so I can't say for sure what i'll do.

I hate dirty wheels, tomorrow they'll be as clean as they can get. Then some more thinking.

What do you think of the holes Nick, brushed too?
I'm just glad you said "the" and not "my":eek:

Polished lip and centers with the middle part trim color is my vote. Or see if you can use your expertise and polish the entire wheel with the center holes painted trim color. :shrug:

The 10 holers aren't aesthetically pleasing but I still like them on a resto/stock car.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll second that the ten holes go back on CL. This car is past stock wheels Dave,....It went past it the day you pointed a spray gun at it.

Just like those ugly assed TRX wheels that you were first attached to, a stock wheel will detract from the car as opposed to adding to it. Any time or money you tie up in a set of stock 10 holers will be thrown away. That's why you got them for 50 bucks Dave...

Because 99% of them are in the trash, or have been recycled already.

If you Just HAVE to have a set of 4 lug wheels Dave, hold out for these:
lrs-1007rsl_9255.jpg

Best looking 4 lug wheel they ever put on these cars.....period.

If you're bent on keeping the holy wheels....paint them orange.

Reactions: 3 users
They're not keepers at all. They are a means of rolling the car up on a trailer.

Curiosity just has me wondering if anything at all can make them look nice.

I'm cleaning one this morning just so I can see if there's metal underneath all the grime.

I may do nothing in the end other than clean them up.

I'm about done with everything I can do before I need to spend money, so I thought this would keep idle hands busy.

Reactions: 1 user
They're not keepers at all. They are a means of rolling the car up on a trailer.

Curiosity just has me wondering if anything at all can make them look nice.

I'm cleaning one this morning just so I can see if there's metal underneath all the grime.

I may do nothing in the end other than clean them up.

I'm about done with everything I can do before I need to spend money, so I thought this would keep idle hands busy.

Ive Seen them fully polished that looks nice!!!!...polish the the face...paint the holes.... just an option.

I agree with mike. Clean them up well, stick em on, and use them to roll around. I'd reconsider putting any effort into them when you consider the rest of the car.

93 Cobros would look sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.