Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im partial to the green. It was one of my original color choices...and "only if".............

47C4A4A2-B28F-4AE4-9C8E-CC14BD40C835_zpssfadhuis.jpg

I would've been able to keep the wheel color. when I first painted them...(This paint was much nicer than my current orange attempt)

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

That green would be different on the fox. It looks pretty good on the jeep. Its a nice color. Reminds me of this...

587699_f85c4c689f26_low_res.JPG

Might look really good on a fox with black t tops.

That green would be different on the fox. It looks pretty good on the jeep. Its a nice color. Reminds me of this...

587699_f85c4c689f26_low_res.JPG

Might look really good on a fox with black t tops.
Or dark grey pearl t tops too....

I don’t want to sound dogmatic about this color, I need to decide by Monday though.

I do like it, and I haven’t really seen any other fox bodies that color.

My buddy painted a 72 GMC Jimmy that color. Looks badass!! It would definitely be different. I can see your vision.
There you go then, I don’t just see a fender with the color. I see all of the accessories on the vehicle with that color too. The pretty tail lights, Dark grey wheels (maybe chrome): the door handles on the green doors... the whole salami as you NE guys might say.

There you go then, I don’t just see a fender with the color. I see all of the accessories on the vehicle with that color too. The pretty tail lights, Dark grey wheels (maybe chrome): the door handles on the green doors... the whole salami as you NE guys might say.
I’m in Albuquerque, NM, not far from you Dave. Stay away from chrome though, IMO. Semi gloss black body side moldings, and black door handles. I’m a life long body shop guy, just like you. It’s really a nice color.

I’m in Albuquerque, NM, not far from you Dave. Stay away from chrome though, IMO. Semi gloss black body side moldings, and black door handles. I’m a life long body shop guy, just like you. It’s really a nice color.
My sister lives in Albuquerque, when things settle down for me (2018 has kind of sucked so far) I’ll go out to visit her. We’ll have to swap numbers then so I can stop by for a beer.

C'mon Dave,....It's one thing to choose a dim bulb, slow assed lizard as a nick name for a car, especially considering the "rough edges" that the build itself features....
But when it comes to your car...

it'll be Way too slick, Way too pretty, Way too refined.

Godzilla is a big, clumsy, destroyer of cities. He don't care nothing bout stepping all over a city bus, or smashing a building that gets in his way simply because he doesn't want to go the long way....And he is very conflicted.

One minute he's Trashing Tokyo just for the fun of it, and the residents run in fear for their lives..... The next minute, you got two little female Japanese Sprites singing their siren song, CALLING for Godzilla to come back to Tokyo to save the city, because some giant Preying mantis, rocket assisted Turtle, or Pterodactyl is fcking the place up.

I think you have more focus than that, and.....compared to the other lizard nickname here, I'll bet you're not the first person to nickname your car Godzilla.

Maybe something with a little more Marvel Comics in it..
1521809735718.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Sorry but I absolutely hate that limey green color. I haven’t liked any of the neon greens since the fad came out. But that’s just me. But let me state again I use the word “hate” as an understatement lol. More like holy chit! Burn it...burn it with fire!! Kinda hatred. Lol.

My favorite color is @liljoe07 or what you painted Doby. But that’s just my two cents

Sorry but I absolutely hate that limey green color. I haven’t liked any of the neon greens since the fad came out. But that’s just me. But let me state again I use the word “hate” as an understatement lol. More like holy chit! Burn it...burn it with fire!! Kinda hatred. Lol.

My favorite color is @liljoe07 or what you painted Doby. But that’s just my two cents
Soooo, green is a go then? Lol

Oh yeah, lil’ Joe’s car is sweet. I’m not sure I want to do the red thing this time around.

C'mon Dave,....It's one thing to choose a dim bulb, slow assed lizard as a nick name for a car, especially considering the "rough edges" that the build itself features....
But when it comes to your car...

it'll be Way too slick, Way too pretty, Way too refined.

Godzilla is a big, clumsy, destroyer of cities. He don't care nothing bout stepping all over a city bus, or smashing a building that gets in his way simply because he doesn't want to go the long way....And he is very conflicted.

One minute he's Trashing Tokyo just for the fun of it, and the residents run in fear for their lives..... The next minute, you got two little female Japanese Sprites singing their siren song, CALLING for Godzilla to come back to Tokyo to save the city, because some giant Preying mantis, rocket assisted Turtle, or Pterodactyl is fcking the place up.

I think you have more focus than that, and.....compared to the other lizard nickname here, I'll bet you're not the first person to nickname your car Godzilla.

Maybe something with a little more Marvel Comics in it..
1521809735718.png
True, true.

Green Goblin isn’t a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.