Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the current job and wouldn’t be overly disappointed to stay here either.

I have a petty gripe though, the other two painters are freaking pigs.

I mean, I’m no Scott when it comes to being Mr Clean, but come on.......

The new shop would be totally mine. I organize it and keep it clean.

The new owner is the guy I shot the impala for, btw

Your shop has 3 head painters? Dang, must be a pretty big shop!

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a hell of a deal for more money, steady work, and control of the work space. And you already know the guy. Didn't someone predict that the Impala would open up some doors of opportunity?

Reactions: 1 user
I like the current job and wouldn’t be overly disappointed to stay here either.

I have a petty gripe though, the other two painters are freaking pigs.

I mean, I’m no Scott when it comes to being Mr Clean, but come on.......

The new shop would be totally mine. I organize it and keep it clean.

The new owner is the guy I shot the impala for, btw

I thought the guy you were doing the Impala for was a PITA? Seems like I remember headache after headache, and you want to leave your livelihood in his hands? Maybe I am remembering wrong...

I thought the guy you were doing the Impala for was a PITA? Seems like I remember headache after headache, and you want to leave your livelihood in his hands? Maybe I am remembering wrong...
He was a pita Nick! Lol

This is a different animal though in work relationship.

The main thing I need from him is the hiring.

He won’t be doing any bodywork that I’ll have to wait on for one.

Two, it’s his bodyshop. He’ll be a bit more focused there.

Three, really in day to day operations he will have little to do with my work. He might inspect the work in the end, that’s not a problem though. I’ve already shot a couple dozen vehicles for him at his home shop.
I know what’s expected.

Painting is a kind of nice “leave me alone and just let me work” job. Unless your a sht painter of course, then you get regular visits from management.

On the surface though, I understand your hesitation to recommend.

Reactions: 1 user
WE WANT MORE BOOGER. If you have to trick yourself out, so be it. It's for our entertainment! And we're still waiting on Ghost Hunting at the Murder House. Since you're in OK, you can get Street Outlaws to sponsor you and send the Murder Nova to the Murder House!

Damn, my fingers hurt from type-yelling!

:rock:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Another not so great update, my sister Karen has cancer now.

Karen was my great protector as a small boy. My father was quite an angry person and didn't mind relieving his aggression on smaller people. My sister would protect me from him at times when he would lose reasoning.

It's still early in the diagnosis. It's a form of breast cancer and is in both of her breasts. We're not sure wether the cancer has gone beyond its current known location.

Next week she has an appointment with a surgeon. Then, of course, all of the fcking tests she'll have to go through to see how far it has spread.

Nothing is easy, life is hard. Sure, we've all made less than stellar choices in our lives (being a Chiefs fan comes to mind). It would be nice to just have a short period of time where the wolves don't snap at you so hard.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.