Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some truth in that comment Dave.. I've tried to dial back my Derailements-even spent some time in the squeaky wheel (hasn't gone well lol.) but I promise to keep my off topic shenanigans to a minimum from here on out ;)

Breakfast of Champions :p
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I promise- last one for today
Or at least this morning?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I forgot to tell you...

It's infected.

The "less than Doctors" at American family Care, opted to use actual "cat gut" stiches to close my finger as opposed to "absorbables", stating at the time that because of the nature of a finger, and it's usage, he opted for a stronger stich instead. He wanted me to come back in 10 days for the removal.

8 days later my finger has gone red,..the stich knot has grown over, So I return to the place to get them removed. What also should have been an easy peasy process, has now turned into a session where the stich was pulled through the skin......as opposed to being snipped and gently tugged out. A ten day series of oral antibiotic, and a "I'll never go there again" etched into my head.
I had that happen once with regular stitches like that, made my side swell up, turn red and get hot as hell.

Oh yeah, then getting the stitches out was a delight. It hurt to lightly touch the skin there! They got them out and I only cried like a baby for awhile.:cry::baby::cry::baby:

Went to oreilly's today to get new rotors, pads, and flex brake lines for my truck today and walked out with these extras!
image.jpeg

I ordered and payed for a new fuel pump as well. I just got the main coolant hoses today along with a new belt and carburetor rebuild kit. I started talking the brake system with them. Basically replacing everything, brake wise, will run just a little over $300. Not this paycheck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Went to oreilly's today to get new rotors, pads, and flex brake lines for my truck today and walked out with these extras!
image.jpeg

I ordered and payed for a new fuel pump as well. I just got the main coolant hoses today along with a new belt and carburetor rebuild out. I started talking the brake system with them. Basically replacing everything, brake wise, will run just a little over $300. Not this paycheck!
How much did you pay for the wallet?

Thanks Nick.....Nik.

It's been a little bit getting to this stage where I'm going to finally work on Robby. All it took to really set it off for me was to find those doors on CL. Now I've ordered a bunch of stuff from CJ Pony Parts. Another week and a half I'll order more. Another couple weeks, a bunch more.

It's getting exciting for me finally, not just an idea, but action. I really love this stuff.

Congratulations on the baby, btw.

Thanks man!

What are you going to name your pet mouse?

image-jpeg.563690.jpg
I was think Fckin Rat for a name right off.

He and his compatriots used the left frame rail for their toilet. Neat little bastards. The whole recess in front of the shock tower is filled with rat crap. Oh well, better than rust, I guess.

Reactions: 2 users

He and his compatriots used the left frame rail for their toilet. Neat little bastards. The whole recess in front of the shock tower is filled with rat crap. Oh well, better than rust, I guess.
Oh,.....I'd imagine that you'll have rat pee right along with the rat doodie,...(why they'd separate their business just don make no sense)

Rat pee= water.
Water+ dirt+ rat loads+ time = rust.

Rust that smells really bad.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh,.....I'd imagine that you'll have rat pee right along with the rat doodie,...(why they'd separate their business just don make no sense)

Rat pee= water.
Water+ dirt+ rat loads+ time = rust.

Rust that smells really bad.
I'm really hoping that it's a preservative! Not that I'm an expert in the field of rat pooh, but I think several rats have laid there load there over a short period of time. New pooh, so to speak.

Well, I guess there's always the taste test to find out:scratch:. If they're crunchy like cockroach eggs, then they've been there too long. I'm hoping for the kind that get stuck between my teeth, meaning they're relatively fresh and their flavor hasn't subsided yet.

As an expert on rodent red bunionholes(@madmike1157 Notice the correct terminology) you want to vacuum that out asap. It will tell other rodents that it's safe to park their red bunioholes there as well

As an expert on rodent red bunionholes(@madmike1157 Notice the correct terminology) you want to vacuum that out asap. It will tell other rodents that it's safe to park their red bunioholes there as well
Two more weeks and the little signs with a rat's butt x'd out will be put up. Right now, they're free to unload.

That's probably hiding under the rat poop...

Status
Not open for further replies.