Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I haven't been able to accomplish much the past few days since work picked up, so I have to make over little sht like my steering wheel (though it does look nice).

I already know i'm pathetic, no need to affirm that with me. I have a wife that will offer that opinion on a regular basis, thank you very much.:eek:

Edit: Weird when that guy ^^^ posts with no avatar pic lol

Everything you have done so far has been great Dave,even the cruddy old steering wheel looks better than New.. Hell im still waiting for you to start a thread called "What wreck did Dave make look new today" lol

Edit: Weird when that guy ^^^ posts with no avatar pic lol

Everything you have done so far has been great Dave,even the cruddy old steering wheel looks better than New.. Hell im still waiting for you to start a thread called "What wreck did Dave make look new today" lol
Chris, you are an entirely too nice of a guy to pander to me.

I'm not needing reassurance, though I do thank you.

I really show you guys this stuff because I'm just as, if not more so, amazed than you when it comes out nice. I really dig the end results of working on this stuff. I can't tell you how excited i am about getting the car in my garage and start cutting out the floor boards! This is like a gift for me. So when @madmike1157 gets into his, "why would you want to even look at a POS like that" rant. That is why.

I can't fix my marriage, but i CAN fix this car.

Reactions: 1 users
Chris, you are an entirely too nice of a guy to pander to me.

I'm not needing reassurance, though I do thank you.

I really show you guys this stuff because I'm just as, if not more so, amazed than you when it comes out nice. I really dig the end results of working on this stuff. I can't tell you how excited i am about getting the car in my garage and start cutting out the floor boards! This is like a gift for me. So when @madmike1157 gets into his, "why would you want to even look at a POS like that" rant. That is why.

I can't fix my marriage, but i CAN fix this car.
Like most on here,I do not know you personally-just your Stangnet presence so to speak lol, and you seem like a great dude,usually very upbeat,positive,funny etc etc. That hasn't been the case here lately,and for whatever reason-inter webz world or normal life- I try to give a little more reassurance or an ego boost to a friend I think is a little down ot having some difficulties..
Now with the 'Chris is a Wuss' stuff out of the way-I really would check out a thread of your day to day paint repairs lol :D

Like most on here,I do not know you personally-just your Stangnet presence so to speak lol, and you seem like a great dude,usually very upbeat,positive,funny etc etc. That hasn't been the case here lately,and for whatever reason-inter webz world or normal life- I try to give a little more reassurance or an ego boost to a friend I think is a little down ot having some difficulties..
Now with the 'Chris is a Wuss' stuff out of the way-I really would check out a thread of your day to day paint repairs lol :D
Chris, life is getting ready to be better for me than it has been literally in decades.

I just have a month of intense ass whooping (mine) to go through. Then, subjectively, life will be good.

Enough of my little whining section here though. This is about a a rusty old piece of crap and his car, right?:shrug:

Last edited:
I did something finally. During lunch I did the bodywork on the rocker mouldings and reprimered them. Monday I'll block them out and paint them the trim color.
IMG_2690.JPG
IMG_2691.JPG
IMG_2692.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
I have a set of ponies in excellent shape with almost new tires on them, but I'm in NC. Could probably ship them though.
Dang Dan, that's a nice offer. Let's wait till I get the beast here in my garage.

I kind of like the idea of the trim color, and then I also like the silver look as well on them. Decisions, decisions....

Dang Dan, that's a nice offer. Let's wait till I get the beast here in my garage.

I kind of like the idea of the trim color, and then I also like the silver look as well on them. Decisions, decisions....

I have always been a fan of silver wheels. I am contemplating plasti dipping (not going to pay for paint or powder coating cheap wheels) the chrome wheels I bought, just because I really dont care for chrome or dark wheels near as much as silver. Silver just seems more timeless. Plus, silver would be a nice third contrast to your other two colors (I dont really count the green since its so sparse). I mean, you are more Susie home maker than me, but I think you paint 3 walls one color, have an accent wall of another color, and then your throw pillows are a third color to "tie" it all together? Am I right?

Reactions: 1 user
I have always been a fan of silver wheels. I am contemplating plasti dipping (not going to pay for paint or powder coating cheap wheels) the chrome wheels I bought, just because I really dont care for chrome or dark wheels near as much as silver. Silver just seems more timeless. Plus, silver would be a nice third contrast to your other two colors (I dont really count the green since its so sparse). I mean, you are more Susie home maker than me, but I think you paint 3 walls one color, have an accent wall of another color, and then your throw pillows are a third color to "tie" it all together? Am I right?
It wouldn't go with the shams and duvet.

Reactions: 1 user
Ah jeez.....:nonono:

I just joined a couple local fox body facebook groups. Nice groups, nice people.

Besides, I'll need some willing help here in a couple months to help push Robby on a trailer!:jester:

Seem to be a really nice group of guys and gals.

I'll be doing some more stuff tomorrow finally. I'll post pictures, of course, you whores......

I can't wait to get out with other fox owners. No more step child sht for me!:nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.