Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've mentioned seam sealer numerous times. At what point does it need to be replaced?
Here's a picture of the old crap. I might spread it today, I'm thinking I might do some of the bodywork instead though.
IMG_3032.JPG

I used a fiberwheel to remove it.
image.jpg

I just need to put it on there before I paint it with the final finish. I'll post some pictures of it when I do it. I'll use a flowable seam sealer.

• Sponsors (?)

In primer with an initial blocking with 150 to see what really needs the extra attention.
IMG_3078.JPG
IMG_3079.JPG

Not bad at all really, I'll only need to pull a few dents and around the door handle.

Reactions: 4 users
Ok, pulled out the worst of the dents.
IMG_3080.JPG

Then I mudded the lower. It blocked out very nice. Those fox lower door waves are no more.
IMG_3081.JPG

I had a little more time so I ground the primer out of the way around the door handle and slung some more mud. I'll block it out tomorrow.
IMG_3082.JPG

Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish the bondo stage and be able to get it back in primer.

Reactions: 5 users
What kind of magical dent-pulling device is that?
It's similar to a spitznagel gun except for the fact that you don't weld on nails and hook up a slide hammer. The electrode on the handle micro welds to the panel and you slide the provided weight up the electrode. This pulls up on the electrode and the attached panel. Then a quick twist of your wrist and it's free from the panel to go to the next spot. Great device.

Reactions: 2 users
I've always wondered if it would be possible to have a set of ten-hole wheels redrilled from 4x108 to 5x114.3. Would make for a nice 5-lug swapped sleeper if that's what someone was going for.

Reactions: 2 users
Latest mini-purchase. I got a set of four ten hole wheels with decent tires for $50 off of CL! Woohoo! I'll be able to move the car now when the time comes.
IMG_3087.JPG

Are you refinishing the 10-holes?

*waits for Dave to describe how he's going to convert them into 5-lug, deep dish, chrome 17s by some application of a paint product not available to the general public*

Reactions: 5 users
Are you refinishing the 10-holes?

*waits for Dave to describe how he's going to convert them into 5-lug, deep dish, chrome 17s by some application of a paint product not available to the general public*
Right now they're a round device to get the blue car out of the yard.

Don't know yet Noobz, I've never been a big fan of them. Though I have speculated on how they might look in the trim color....:shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
I've always wondered if it would be possible to have a set of ten-hole wheels redrilled from 4x108 to 5x114.3. Would make for a nice 5-lug swapped sleeper if that's what someone was going for.
MM&FF had their project Cheaper Sleeper that they had their ten hole rears widened and the fronts narrowed. So....:shrug:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Right now they're a round device to get the blue car out of the yard.

Don't know yet Noobz, I've never been a big fan of them. Though I have speculated on how they might look in the trim color....:shrug:

I think I have at one point or other, seen every variation of the 10-hole using paint products. The ONLY ones I've found acceptable so far are the SSP variants.

I have threatened to get a set widened and nearly pulled the trigger before being told that they would not do what I wanted them to do for safety concerns with the wheel afterward.

I shelfed it. How cool would a set of deep dish 17" 10-holes be?

Say, 9.5 inches wide?

I would think that an outfit like Wheel Vintiques could probably do a one-off within a couple of days. It would probably be a two-piece and all aluminum. :drool:

I'm sure it would cost. I would LOVE to have something like that in polished aluminum.

Status
Not open for further replies.