Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Said what?
58530216.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
@Davedacarpainter , I cant get on board with the unpainted holes. I personally think the whole inside of the wheel should be painted, and leave the caps and lips polished/brushed. That SSP look is about as good as ten holes get to me, but I like a polished lip.

Wheel holes need to be painted. In my opinion.
I would have to admit, not masking the holes would make for a far easier job for me.

Painted holes for the win..

SSP look would be kind of nice as well. I may just do silver on the caps. I'll put one up to the wheel when I get them and see.

Reactions: 2 users
I have my own little japanese kid for the blue car now!:banana: Courtesy of @madmike1157 !
IMG_3231.JPG

Mike, buddy, thank you so much.

I don't really understand stereo sht yet, but, WOW!

Mike sent me this stuff for free! He told me that he would send me the hood struts, but this goes beyond nice.

Thanks again Mike. Call me early on your next build so we can set up even better stuff for the project.:jester:

I'll be calling you one day to help with how in the fck I'll put this in Roby.

Reactions: 1 user
I have my own little japanese kid for the blue car now!:banana: Courtesy of @madmike1157 !
IMG_3231.JPG

Mike sent me this stuff for free! He told me that he would send me the hood struts, but this goes beyond nice.

Thanks again Mike. Call me early on your next build so we can set up even better stuff for the project.:jester:

Dave.

When I take the Monster to a show, the paint constantly gets positively commented on..& I never take credit for that. You are always part of the story,...the fact that you did what you did for me will be one of those things that I cant ever stop giving credit to. And even though that I sent you some "sightly used" car audio, and a hood strut kit....It is still testimimonial to the fact that I have a long way to go before I'll ever be close to paying you for it.

.At this stage, after a cut and buff people have said that the skin looks like "super shiny injection molded plastic". For me that is one of the reasons I like a solid color SS paint,...It looks like a layer of plastic on the car, (which in a way it is) I take great pride in the finished product...I park this thing where it cant be missed,...and I don't have to hide the side of the car like I did w/ the red car....Every corner/side/deck looks as good as the others.

And I have you to thank for it.

I go into the garage sometimes, and just stare at the damn thing. I'll bet if there was a hidden camera somewhere down there,..I'd have a "stupid lookin grin" plastered across my face the whole time. I know that my "paint booth" hobbled/hampered the immediate result,..But damn this thing looks good now.

It is too bad that you and I are so far apart,...I'd be there for your wiring phase,..and hopefully be able to return the favor.
But I'd have to move to Oklahoma,......
and I've lived in Lawton,.....
and I ain't EVER living in Oklahoma again.

But if I did,......I'd be there to critique your choice in beer through extensive taste testing ,..I'd be there to model my latest cardboard head wear.. (in case you had some paparozzi guy trying to take unwanted pictures of you) I'd be there to discuss the latest stupid sht that President Pence said,...and we could debate that....
Then we'd go get lunch.

Look up the model numbers on that stuff dave,..there'll probably be a instruction sheet out there. PowerBass stuff is nothing special,...But that's a good rigid long throw sub,...and that amp is a class D 1200 watt sub amp, which should give you more than enough power to rattle the trunk deck or hatch of whatever you put it in.
The Mtx speakers are just stock replacements for speakers in a hatch, but they'll probably fit the pkg tray in the blue car if you use them..(or you can make them fit)

Those hood struts wouldn't work w/ the monster hood, as I've removed too much structure under the hood and those things put alot of pressure at the hinge point, forcing more effort to close the hood,..again, your hood is factory, so maybe you'll be able to make them work.

I wish it was more Dave,..and at one time there were several head units on my now cleaned off bench that I could have included, but I either threw them away, or installed them in some kids car.

Reactions: 3 users
Dave.

When I take the Monster to a show, the paint constantly gets positively commented on..& I never take credit for that. You are always part of the story,...the fact that you did what you did for me will be one of those things that I cant ever stop giving credit to. And even though that I sent you some "sightly used" car audio, and a hood strut kit....It is still testimimonial to the fact that I have a long way to go before I'll ever be close to paying you for it.

.At this stage, after a cut and buff people have said that the skin looks like "super shiny injection molded plastic". For me that is one of the reasons I like a solid color SS paint,...It looks like a layer of plastic on the car, (which in a way it is) I take great pride in the finished product...I park this thing where it cant be missed,...and I don't have to hide the side of the car like I did w/ the red car....Every corner/side/deck looks as good as the others.

And I have you to thank for it.

I go into the garage sometimes, and just stare at the damn thing. I'll bet if there was a hidden camera somewhere down there,..I'd have a "stupid lookin grin" plastered across my face the whole time. I know that my "paint booth" hobbled/hampered the immediate result,..But damn this thing looks good now.

It is too bad that you and I are so far apart,...I'd be there for your wiring phase,..and hopefully be able to return the favor.
But I'd have to move to Oklahoma,......
and I've lived in Lawton,.....
and I ain't EVER living in Oklahoma again.

But if I did,......I'd be there to critique your choice in beer through extensive taste testing ,..I'd be there to model my latest cardboard head wear.. (in case you had some paparozzi guy trying to take unwanted pictures of you) I'd be there to discuss the latest stupid sht that President Pence said,...and we could debate that....
Then we'd go get lunch.

Look up the model numbers on that stuff dave,..there'll probably be a instruction sheet out there. PowerBass stuff is nothing special,...But that's a good rigid long throw sub,...and that amp is a class D 1200 watt sub amp, which should give you more than enough power to rattle the trunk deck or hatch of whatever you put it in.
The Mtx speakers are just stock replacements for speakers in a hatch, but they'll probably fit the pkg tray in the blue car if you use them..(or you can make them fit)

Those hood struts wouldn't work w/ the monster hood, as I've removed too much structure under the hood and those things put alot of pressure at the hinge point, forcing more effort to close the hood,..again, your hood is factory, so maybe you'll be able to make them work.

I wish it was more Dave,..and at one time there were several head units on my now cleaned off bench that I could have included, but I either threw them away, or installed them in some kids car.
Bah, thanks a bunch Mike. I'm grateful.

IMG_3231.JPG

That about wraps up the drive train. Make sure that you tune the angle of the rear facing speakers.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.