Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! At least the dirty part only extends to the front of the rear floorpan.

It's really not that big of a deal though, mostly I'll be lying on my creeper scrubbing it. That's not too tough.

Work is totally btchn', btw! I work straight through from when I get there till about six PM. Loads of work, they're happy with the five cars I've painted so far, it really doesn't get a hell of a lot better than this for me.

No more helpers either, my work is my work!

They gave me a key to the shop today as well. So tomorrow I can start earlier! Yay! I need to make money so badly right now .

And there it is........my success is totally dependent on me, not wether there is enough work, not wether the product I'm using is good enough, not waiting for anyone else. I seem to control my destiny right now and I am so grateful.

Well good for you Dave....if there is anybody that I know that deserves it more, it's you.

Kinda on a parallel note..this is the 4th month selling cars for me.. ( who was it that said that this was the lowest i could go on the self image ladder?)

Sold 14 cars this month..maybe more after tomorrow... With incentives and commissions, I told Kate that this will be a potential 10k paycheck.....

"The bottom of the barrel":nonono:

I control my destiny now as well, Dave..and congrats to you...Welcome to the already greatest country in the world.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Hello my name is Dave.

Soon I shall begin work on my 1983 GLX t-top coupe mustang........no......really.

My new job has been sucking me away a bit. I love it though. I'm going to go in and work tomorrow for awhile even.

I get paid every friday now, Yip-freaking-ee!

I paid the mortgage on this check today. Next friday I will finally order my MM subframe connectors. Then I have to get real serious about getting the floorpan in.

This weekend I'll be the little wash boy though. I'm going to clean the living hell out of the undercarriage.

My rib cage seems to be recovering nicely, I only wince a little when I sneeze now.......stupid old man.:fuss:

Anywho, I'll work tomorrow morning and then lie on my back and scrub for awhile. Beer is chilling as we speak, so I have all the necessary tools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone awake?

I was so tired yesterday after working that I took a nap! Stinking old man! I woke up from said nap feeling pretty good......that's when I found five little yard apes running around! My wife decided to have the grandkids over for the night! Weep for me please:cry:.

That means nothing accomplished yesterday, though, admittedly I had a couple beers upon my discovery of what I saw when I woke from my nap. That made me a much better grandpa after being surprised like that........

TODAY! Today though! In an hour or so it'll be me, Booger, and a bucket of hot soapy water getting dirty together.

Reactions: 1 users
And a bath with Booger I did take! I scrubbed for about two hours and rinsed with the hose. It's clean now.

Before:
IMG_4589.JPG

After:
IMG_4593.JPG
IMG_4594.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
As soon as the floor dries I'm going to remove the rubberized coating from the rear wheel tubs.

I will need to do this first because of this, the old crap is cracking out and I will mini tub next time Booger's back in the garage.
IMG_0860.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
I got my knotted wire wheel out and went to town on the right side tub.

Here's another view of how the old coating has given out.
IMG_4595.JPG

Here's the coating on the floor, it's a pretty blue color:
IMG_4597.JPG

All gone!
IMG_4602.JPG

Time for one of these.
image.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
My ass is tired after the tub work.

Next thing up today will be to seam seal the new pieces for the rear floorpan and the pinch weld area of the firewall.

I'm drinking beer right now, so that stuff will happen later. As previously mentioned, I seam seal better, am funnier, and am more attractive to the ladies after a couple beers.

Last thing for the day was to seam seal. I used 3M 8308 Heavy Bodied Seam Sealer.
IMG_4603.JPG

I sealed the patch panels on the rear floor pan (both sides)
IMG_4604.JPG
IMG_4605.JPG

and along the firewall where I cut the pinch weld. Both inside the cabin and inside the cowl panel.
IMG_4606.JPG

I also made a small reinforcement panel for the clutch cable hole, @90sickfox Do you think this will be good enough?
IMG_4607.JPG

Last thing for the day was to seam seal. I used 3M 8308 Heavy Bodied Seam Sealer.
IMG_4603.JPG

I sealed the patch panels on the rear floor pan (both sides)
IMG_4604.JPG
IMG_4605.JPG

and along the firewall where I cut the pinch weld. Both inside the cabin and inside the cowl panel.
IMG_4606.JPG

I also made a small reinforcement panel for the clutch cable hole, @90sickfox Do you think this will be good enough?
IMG_4607.JPG

Looks good Dave. I made mine from a large washer, so I think that would work. If you can, put it on the inside of the car.p

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
I like it. Been catching up on the build. What was the stuff used in the past for the bumper repairs? I think it was a 3m thing and then Everlast filler??
That was Panel Bonding Adhesive, monster strong glue. 8115 is it's 3M number. Polyflex bondo, it's flexible when hardened.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.