Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be trying beef bacon for the first time this morning......It’s a little bigger!
96A5AB74-3F72-45A2-A670-4252E69B437A.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

455....I like the sound of that. But D A Y AM...that's awfully late to be staying up drinking beer! :cheers:

I didn't get up til 630 to put the pork on. I can't wait to see some pics of work on Murder Snotchy.

Ok, first off, the bacon surprised me, really nice.

I think I’ve discovered my lethargy problem with working on Booger.

I started having a funk about doing anything else beyond work and my kids. As you know, this didn’t used to be any issue at all.

I thought about it for a bit trying to remember when this started. I really got “lazy” about february. What happened in february? I started my blood pressure meds.

I would almost guarantee this has been my problem. I haven’t grown tired of working on Booger, I’ve just grown tired, lol.

Here’s a hypothetical situation for y’all (not me, of course, just someone out there). Let’s say we take a hypothetical painter, we’ll call him “Dave” just for ease sake. Let’s say this “Dave” the painter just so happens to down his blood pressure medicine with a beer. I wonder what the effects might be? I’m thinking “Dave” might be mixing things that could make him sleepy and lethargic.

Obviously the solution is to drop the meds, this hypothetical painter isn’t giving up his brewskies. :D

Reactions: 1 user
Didn’t mean to hit the Post Reply yet. I’ve actually done something.

I got the last of the big shelves out of my tiny little garage and into the house.
C7C84EC9-AC27-4A83-8E53-BFE6562A721B.jpeg

The dining table that was there had to go. It’s heading to the storage unit in just a few minutes along with some other odds and ends.

First off, I don’t want to hear :poo:from y’all when you look at this picture, I did move a lot of stuff today. Just about to the point of doing things to Booger.
CCF45CE7-E552-4AA6-94A1-9EF9D0B92EA3.jpeg

I intend to move the lawn mower to the back yard.

What this means is that the next move is to throw Booger back up on jack stands and drop the IRS and k-member out.

Then weld the right side chassis support on.

Once the chassis support is in place I will build a little rig/cart that I can set Booger on to move him around in the IB (Itty Bitty) garage.

I was thinking of a simple rectangle wooden frame with same decent casters at each corner. Give it a total height of about eighteen inches. Booger will have those nice strong SFC’s and chassis supports to set it on. What do y’all think of this idea?

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
Here’s some pneumatic casters I was thinking of getting for the “cart”.
I’m thinking the H-3329, they’re rated at 470lbs each. They should be more than good.

I was going to get Booger up on jack stands yesterday afternoon.

So I go to jack it up.......where’s my jack?

My boys apparently decided to help a friend out with his car and took the jack over to his place. Now, I’m ok with them helping out a friend, as long as they return the tools.

They didn’t return the jack.....crap. They got it back to me last night.

Oh well, I’m getting ready to head into work to paint that ‘93 coupe right now. I have maybe an hour worth of prepping left, then mask and paint.

It’ll take probably about five to six hours total. Maybe I’ll still get Booger up on jack stands later today. Then it’ll only take 30 minutes or so to drop the IRS and the cradle.

So this week I should be able to get the chassis support welded in and next weekend build my cart.

I’ll take a couple pictures of the ‘93 and post them later.

Reactions: 2 users
As long as you properly gusset the legs, I'd say a wood cart made out of either doubled 2x4s, or single 4x4's will be fine.
( it's what Scott used on his beauty) The casters you've selected only support between 300, and 400 lbs per. That means that combined, the things are maxed out at 1600 pounds. ( probably about what your stripped chassis will be give or take a few hundred pounds)
I had harbor freight casters on a self made rotisserie when I was in my street rod phase. I had some goofy looking Studebaker on it. Those wheels were hard rubber with a blue outside and rated to 600 lbs ea. Seemed to roll fairly easy.
They're under 20.00 ea.

• Winner
As long as you properly gusset the legs, I'd say a wood cart made out of either doubled 2x4s, or single 4x4's will be fine.
( it's what Scott used on his beauty) The casters you've selected only support between 300, and 400 lbs per. That means that combined, the things are maxed out at 1600 pounds. ( probably about what your stripped chassis will be give or take a few hundred pounds)
I had harbor freight casters on a self made rotisserie when I was in my street rod phase. I had some goofy looking Studebaker on it. Those wheels were hard rubber with a blue outside and rated to 600 lbs ea. Seemed to roll fairly easy.
They're under 20.00 ea.
Hf it is then. I was thinking of 4x4s for the frame.

I don’t think it’ll get painted today. It’s getting warmer than I would like. I’ll get up early tomorrow morning and get it shot.

I found a couple more dents to fix and some bonus odds and ends.

I got it prepped and cleaned up though and I’ll get it masked before I go home later on.
777A71C6-D7B7-41C1-B1F0-3A0D0335F1A8.jpeg

1A59ECEC-8643-4BEE-AF9D-7391F8F991F8.jpeg

I’ll have to take the wheels off in the booth so I can get the wheel wells pretty.

Reactions: 4 users
First of all, what was your BP? I feel your pain, but at one point...well the point I started dating an RN and she said, you have horrible sleep apnea, like Reggie White sleep apnea, and I bet you have high BP. So for the first time in oh 20 years went to the dr and my BP was 170/110. Put me on BP meds and Metformin for my blood sugar. At first I started feeling less tired in the afternoons. BUT, I think I used the metformin as an excuse to eat WORSE, like more junk foods. But BP is serious my friend. If it is too high you can have a stroke or heart attack. In my case, I need to up my exercise and lower my carb intake.

2nd, I like the cat. It is looking like WTF? We don't put garage stuff in the house do we?

First of all, what was your BP? I feel your pain, but at one point...well the point I started dating an RN and she said, you have horrible sleep apnea, like Reggie White sleep apnea, and I bet you have high BP. So for the first time in oh 20 years went to the dr and my BP was 170/110. Put me on BP meds and Metformin for my blood sugar. At first I started feeling less tired in the afternoons. BUT, I think I used the metformin as an excuse to eat WORSE, like more junk foods. But BP is serious my friend. If it is too high you can have a stroke or heart attack. In my case, I need to up my exercise and lower my carb intake.

2nd, I like the cat. It is looking like WTF? We don't put garage stuff in the house do we?
Nah Drew, he’s a guy, he’s totally cool with it.

Didn’t mean to hit the Post Reply yet. I’ve actually done something.

I got the last of the big shelves out of my tiny little garage and into the house.
C7C84EC9-AC27-4A83-8E53-BFE6562A721B.jpeg

The dining table that was there had to go. It’s heading to the storage unit in just a few minutes along with some other odds and ends.

First off, I don’t want to hear :poo:from y’all when you look at this picture, I did move a lot of stuff today. Just about to the point of doing things to Booger.
CCF45CE7-E552-4AA6-94A1-9EF9D0B92EA3.jpeg

I intend to move the lawn mower to the back yard.

What this means is that the next move is to throw Booger back up on jack stands and drop the IRS and k-member out.

Then weld the right side chassis support on.

Once the chassis support is in place I will build a little rig/cart that I can set Booger on to move him around in the IB (Itty Bitty) garage.

I was thinking of a simple rectangle wooden frame with same decent casters at each corner. Give it a total height of about eighteen inches. Booger will have those nice strong SFC’s and chassis supports to set it on. What do y’all think of this idea?
I want to do the same home made cart deal with my ‘66. It’ll be handy to move it around once the sheet metal repairs are done.

And beef bacon is delicious.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.