85 bellhousing on a 93?

• Sponsors (?)

T5's are all the same bolt pattern, 5.0 pushrod engines all have the same bellhousing bolt pattern. With that in mind the 85 5.0 T5 bellhousing should do the job.

The only problem bell housings are the 94-95 T5 ones that require a transmission with a longer input shaft.

Thats a 79 bell which should be for a 4spd....that will not work.

80s would start with E the next number is year, 90s start with F

So u need E6-F3..

I have one at the shop if you cant find one locally or can get you a blowproof.

Thats a 79 bell which should be for a 4spd....that will not work.

80s would start with E the next number is year, 90s start with F

So u need E6-F3..

I have one at the shop if you cant find one locally or can get you a blowproof.

The 4 speed were all toploaders if I recall correctly. That bell housing will fit a Tremec 3500, TKO, TKO 500, TKO600. If you are looking to put some serious HP into the trans or just want an unbreakable street transmission,, one of those transmissions would be an excellent choice.

Are bellhousings known to crack much? This is the housing from the aforementioned '85. See suspect areas I circled in red. Are those just surface fractures? Or indicators to stay away? Thanks in advance!

2-12-12-2007.jpg

I think D9 bell housings work with the tremec 3550 and sell for good cash. I sold one for $100.

What's he want for it?

83-85 t-5 bell housings start with E3 part number. 86-83 brllhousings start with E6

I have an E3 bell but have delayed selling it due to reading that the 10.5" clutch on the 86+ may contact it in places and you may need to clearance a spot.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Damn I just sold a stocker for $50 shipped, I guess I need to up my prices..lol I have a Tremec Alum bell at the shop as well as a stock 94-95 unit.

OP-That could be casting flash not cracks, Ive seen that on bells as well but usually that area is smooth...it is really hard to tell in pics but it would be an odd place for it to crack.

Mike the bell is easy to clearance with a 4" angle grinder and some heavy abrasive discs (36 grit), been there, done that...if you ever need to do it.

Rick....where exactly would it need to be clearances? Do you know the approximate area?

Not looking to do it, more like just need general knowledge

I think I have some pics Ill have to look, I had a SPEC that hit a stock bell once and I couldn't figure out why....then I heard about the possible clearance issue. The PP just barely hit the bell at the top center and I think I slightly touched a bottom (similar to where he circled on the bottom) to give a little more clearance.

On a side note, how do you like the Taptalk? I havent done that that for my droid...

I love it. Makes surfing the forums so much easier and allows you to keep track of threads and such very easily.

I just wish more forums used it. I'd say 90% of the forums I am a member to use it.