• Sponsors (?)

What water pump are you using, like in part number.
B 03 are the only stamping I see on it at all. Otherwise I couldn't tell you. Previous owner put it in. And all his info was vague. Should have been a sign

Attachments

• 53403.jpeg
    53403.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 20181017_201936.jpg
    20181017_201936.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 146
  • 20181017_201925.jpg
    20181017_201925.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 20181030_203928.jpg
    20181030_203928.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 143
I think you can use a water pump from a crown vic, I did a google search on this rotation thing and after about 30 minutes I got a headache, smooth pulleys, counter clockwise, different timing covers and impeller cover plates, 2 bolt, 3 bolt, differences in pulley bolt holes for a dollar, I need a drink :bang:

Reactions: 1 user
I run just gmb pump right now, granted mine is the sn version, and it works great.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gmb-125-1560p/overview/year/1991/make/ford/model/mustang

You’ll need a smooth pulley to run the counterclockwise rotation pump though. You might be able to score one on here or corral.
Ya know, maybe that's the whole problem. Maybe the guy who originally built it ran the belts wrong and has the pump going the wrong way. Definetly gonna look into that. But the only thing is I don't know what year block is in the car cause it was originally an efi car and he changed it to a carb car.

Damn, I surprised it had a c5. I think I have an extra fox body smooth wp pulley if you need one.

Even my 84 fox had a cc rotation water pump. I’d bet that’s your problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, make sure it's the correct pump, the pulley is correct for a standard (clockwise) rotation pump. I'm still a little confused on what the vanes should look like, yours may in fact be correct and you may be turning it in the correct direction, I'm still leaning towards this being a reverse rotation pump. So it's spinning the wrong way, here is a write up to look at : https://www.hotrod.com/articles/pit-stop-ford-small-block-v8-front-cover-water-pump-interchange/
give us a pic of the timing cover with the water pump removed.
the reason is there is a timing cover that is used on explorers that uses a unique water pump.

Wow, ok. That's really nice of you. I would definitely take you up on that.
Just let me know what
Ok, make sure it's the correct pump, the pulley is correct for a standard (clockwise) rotation pump. I'm still a little confused on what the vanes should look like, yours may in fact be correct and you may be turning it in the correct direction, I'm still leaning towards this being a reverse rotation pump. So it's spinning the wrong way, here is a write up to look at : https://www.hotrod.com/articles/pit-stop-ford-small-block-v8-front-cover-water-pump-interchange/
give us a pic of the timing cover with the water pump removed.
the reason is there is a timing cover that is used on explorers that uses a unique water pump.

Attachments

• 20181031_212028.jpg
    20181031_212028.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 145