86 foxbody

GreatWhite5.0

May 23, 2021
Oregon
New On Here .. Well I Got A 1986 5.0 mustang lx convetible, & Im looking to ordering a new trick flow manifold kit , & not sure on if i should get the track heat or street burner ? What do you guys think? & why ? Im running stock everthing

• Sponsors (?)

The heads on the 86 are pretty restrictive and not worth modifying. Without that piece, your new intake will likely produce a net loss of power over the useable RPM range.

The way I see it, you have a few options:
Convert to Mass Air, Install Trickflow Twisted Wedge heads and intake, New Throttle body, fuel pump, New Exhaust, Tune
--or--
Throw a blower on it, fuel injectors, fuel pump, fuel pump voltage regulator, Tune (my personal favorite)
--or--
Rebuild the motor with whatever piston and head combo you like.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
What shape is this car in?
You likely will not be happy after you stick that manifold on, nothing to support it.
The janitor made some good suggestions, I'm guessing you don't have a plan. Or do you? Tell us what you want to do with it.

With stock E6 heads, I wouldn’t recommend either of those intakes at all. Just a waste of money considering the E6s will run out of steam right where the Trick Flow intake would normally start to shine. Without better heads, you won’t gain a thing really.

if you must swap something, find an 87-93 5.0 HO upper intake, EGR spacer and throttle body and swap that on. Or go explorer intake.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user