87-93 Dash Pad (crash Pad) Reproduction

gearheadboy

15 Year Member
Jan 15, 2003
Greencastle Pa
Happy 4th of July!
I am working on my interior today and I was wondering if anyone bought a reproduction passenger side dash pad from Late Model Resto or anyone else? Does it fit? Does it match Smoke Gray? Mine is Smoke Gray 88 GT. As long as I have owned the car, when it sits in the heat the pad gets a long sticky line on it that looks like a big "paint run". You can scrub it off but as it gets hot a few times it comes back. I used prep-sol on it and scrubbed it with Scotch-Brite and Simple Green to prep it for paint, but after it dried in the sun you can see and feel the sticky come back. So I am going to replace it. The aftermarket price is about the same as a used one.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I got my LMR dash pad today. Not impressed. The ad says it MAY be close enough to match 87-89 Smoke Gray. It is almost BLACK. If I had known it was so far off and that it was molded in black and painted, I would have ordered black and prepped it and painted it myself. Now I will have to scuff their paint, which isn't sticking already before I paint it. It also has a flaw where someone cut the molding slag off and the knife slipped onto the viewable surface. I'm working with them now on a solution. Will advise.