Electrical 87 Fox Carbed, Losing Spark.

Outfoxd87

Mar 4, 2016
Really long story, bought the car the way it is. 87 GT t-top, 94-95 5.0. When I bought the car, it had all the EFI harness still in it, MSD pro billet distributor, hooked into EFI harness. It had intake and carb already on. Car started fine, idled fine, revved fine, just sucked driving without having correct timing. I then bought a duraspark distributor, duraspark module, pulled out EFI harness and EEC, along with EFI distributor. I then wired the duraspark ignition (yes, it was correct, source hours researching before attempting). Car started, ran great for about 10 seconds, then died, then lost spark. I have since replaced, pickup in the dizzy, coil, all ground and checked with volt meter. Bought brand new MSD 6AL 2, same result as the duraspark. I have also wired the car with an HEI module (car is currently wired this way) all with the same results, fires right up, runs great, dies, then no spark. I have researched for hours, and I'm stumped, any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Check for 12 volts at the DuraSpark when it dies, no 12 volts, then:
1.) the ignition switch is bad(known problem)
2.) the fuse link in the ignition wiring that leads to the stock coil is bad (not so common).

Check for 12 volts at the DuraSpark when it dies, no 12 volts, then:
1.) the ignition switch is bad(known problem)
2.) the fuse link in the ignition wiring that leads to the stock coil is bad (not so common).
Thank you, just picked up a new ignition switch, so that will be going in tonight, if it checks to be bad. I'll also check the fuse link of course. I'll post my findings a bit later, thanks again.