87 Mustang H/c/i At Atco 13.5@102 2.0 60' - Vid

00whiteGTvert

Founding Member
Nov 3, 2002
bucks county, pa
Ran the 87 for the first time today (Easter Sunday) in nice 60 degree air right off the highway.
327 stroker with H/C/I, Built AOD, 3200 stall, 4.10s, MT DRs.

Not bad, 13.5@102 on a 2.0 60', car should launch harder?

I think the tune is set up for Nitrous which I disconnected, needs to be leaned out for NA.

Time to hit the dyno.

Second warm pass I swear I heard pinging on the big end, bad run of 13.6@101 on a 2.1 60', car won't launch hard?

View attachment 116800

• Sponsors (?)

I would hope you can get it dialed in better...my 87 GT vert speed densityAOD..3.55s stock long block just short headers,gutted cats,flowmaster cat back. on street tires 2.0 60ft ran 14.0 at 96 mph...all I did was bolt on a powerdyne..BD11a still on street tires I ran 13.1 at 103...2.0 60ft again...I think you should be better then me...with a H/C/I probably needs a tune....good luck keep us posted...

I would hope you can get it dialed in better...my 87 GT vert speed densityAOD..3.55s stock long block just short headers,gutted cats,flowmaster cat back. on street tires 2.0 60ft ran 14.0 at 96 mph...all I did was bolt on a powerdyne..BD11a still on street tires I ran 13.1 at 103...2.0 60ft again...I think you should be better then me...with a H/C/I probably needs a tune....good luck keep us posted...

I definitely thought it should come out harder, at least 1.8-1.9, that alone would drop the times to low 13s.
I also thought the mph would be a bit higher, more like 104.
I think a tune should help.

I'd be somewhat dissapointed with that mph and time with a H/C/I and stroker. Def get it tuned.

I do worry about the pinging I heard somewhere around 1/2-3/4 track on the second pass.
The car supposedly has 10.8:1 compression, might need more than 93 at the track, but they had no race fuel available today.

If the track is open, they are selling race gas. Not that you would ever need it with your setup, I'm just saying. If the car is pinging going down the track you NEED to take care of this FIRST!! I second that this combination should run better that it is. You have some looking into things to do. Why exactly would you even think about racing it without setting or knowing where the timing is set at??

If you have a calibrated meter and the right injectors, just pull the chip out, check timing and fp and run it.

Out of curiosity who would tune a street car for nitrous only and not have a NA program?

Last edited:
If the track is open, they are selling race gas. Not that you would ever need it with your setup, I'm just saying. If the car is pinging going down the track you NEED to take care of this FIRST!! I second that this combination should run better that it is. You have some looking into things to do. Why exactly would you even think about racing it without setting or knowing where the timing is set at??
If you have a calibrated meter and the right injectors, just pull the chip out, check timing and fp and run it.

Out of curiosity who would tune a street car for nitrous only and not have a NA program?

The previous owner did this and told me it was safe, my bad.
I have my buddy who is excellent and will dyno it and tune it, his wife works for me. Nice business perk.
He did my 03 Cobra to 492rwhp SAE way back when.

Sounds like too much timing from what you described which is actually hurting performance.

Will find out soon