• Sponsors (?)

We don't Instagram.

Forums are designed so that there is discussion and deliberation about a thread/topic. Part of the deal is we write about what we are doing.
Words with no pics are meaningless, pics with no words have no story.

I guess im using this thread wrong. Im new here. Ill just stop posting updates. If you care to see what i have going on with my little project im on instagram 87_notch_402
The pics are great (except the one up on the lift-that one looked kinda scary lol.) but with no dialogue - not really sure what's going on other than some shiny new parts- keep posting pics-just add some words to go with them,and then I'll add some words,@karthief will add some funny words,@a91what will add some complicated and hard to pronounce words,@madmike1157 will correct spelling and we will all have a good time conversing with you about what you are doing ,offer ideas. Support when you're stuck and useless banter when you are waiting for parts :D

Reactions: 1 user
I guess im using this thread wrong. Im new here. Ill just stop posting updates. If you care to see what i have going on with my little project im on instagram 87_notch_402
This is a web forum dude people actually still talk here. It's more than a collection of pics. The difference between the two is that (typically), you tell us what we're looking at (i.e. the car appears to have fallen off the lift) You tell us what you're doing,..and add pics to corroborate that.
And when compared to you posting a pic, and I reply "cool" or "woah", or OMG! like the mindless waste of time IG is, this site requires that you engage your reader w/ your commentary. Unless you didn't look at another single build/progress thread here, It's not like that was hard to figure out.
If it's too much trouble for you to simply add a couple of lines of text to your updates, maybe I/G is your place.

Last edited:
Well it been awhile since I posted but the fox is now boosted. I got the on3 kit installed and I am very impressed with the quality of it. I I plan In getting a VS racing 7875 and also using vs racing wategate a BOV. Ive read a lot of good things about them and I have a couple buddies that run them and have really good luck with them. I tried using rtv gasket silicon on the exhaust manifolds because after talking to everyone running this kit that what a bunch of people recommended, however it leaked after about a month. I then researched some more and decided to install some remflex gasket and since then I haven't had any issues.

Attachments

• fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 28467703_2076927122588378_1289881944533778403_n.jpg
    28467703_2076927122588378_1289881944533778403_n.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 176
  • foxbody.jpg
    foxbody.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3564.JPG
    IMG_3564.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 28795908_2078021512478939_223234751962804121_n.jpg
    28795908_2078021512478939_223234751962804121_n.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: 2 users
Sweet. Who did the tuning? Whats it make at the tire?

My buddy, messed with the tune so far but I couldn't really get it dialed in until I relocated my air temp sensor to right in front of the throttle body. The intake gets heat soaked so much that it would throw off the tune a bit. Im running some 4 lug drag stars on some Nitto nt555r. So far I really like the tires for street use, I have tried them at the track yet.

What system are you using to do the tuning? quarterhorse or a standalone system? I happen to know some workarounds depending on the system.

The car is running Megasquirt pnp2. I really like the layout of everything and its very user friendly in my option. Also there is a lot of people around where im from that are familiar with it so they are always able to lend a hand when I have some questions.

Im trying to get the fox ready for the dyno. There some thing Im going to try in get done within the next to weeks. I want to get a engine bay hoist from my work and use it to put my oil pan and weld a bung onto it. The on3 kit has you tap the oil pan and then thread in a fitting. I don't like that idea at all, so im going to weld a bung on and run an fittings. I also am going to be installing drop motor mounts while Im doing this. The reason for the drop motor mount are I cant run a 3in or even a 4in hood without it hitting the upper intake.

I have some Satin black Scotts fab door panels coming in today!!!! I haven't had door panels on this car in over 2 year, so im super excited to get them installed. Ill make sure to post some interior pictures after I get them put in.

Cool I actually run the digital self tuning forum on this site so feel free to pop in there and say hi, I am also very well versed in Megasquirt and have tuned many many cars with this system. So if you have any questions or need any help be sure and let me know! Since you are running a turbo there are some tables you can setup as a kind of failsafe so if intake temps get out of hand it will reel the timing in to save the engine. There are also some tuning methods people use that unknowingly cause issues and some table I would suggest not touching at all. If you are interested in learning more feel free to join me here.
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/steves-megasquirt-tunerstudio-help-thread.888730/